When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you’ll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
*Please include a cover letter in the same file as your resume for this application
As an Analyst- Development & Investments with Hines, you will provide research and analytical support associated with acquisitions, development projects, and/or asset management of operating properties. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform financial analysis of acquisitions and development opportunities via financial modeling, analysis of cash flows, and application of valuation methods using a combination of Argus and Excel software.
- Assist with due diligence process associated with acquisitions by performing document control, reading lease abstracts, verifying projections, or other duties as assigned.
- Participate in the asset management of existing properties including market research, leasing, property sales, and administration of investor requirements. Duties may include reviewing leases &property financial statements or determining feasibility of proposed capital projects.
- Perform market research and analyze business proposals to support leasing strategies and decisions as well as the underwriting of acquisition and development opportunities.
- Source, maintain, and update sales and lease comparable databases.
- Prepare presentation materials and proposals with responsibility for written and graphic requirements.
- Participate in the management of development projects including feasibility analysis, entitlement processes, financing, design, contracting, and construction management.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- One or more years related experience in real estate or in a financial analysis role.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office software with intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Aptitude to become proficient in Argus real estate modeling software essential. Prior experience with Argus is a positive.
- Analyze real estate and industry trends from a strategic point of view; Analyze and interpret various types of data in order to draw conclusions and solve problems.
- Perform numerical and financial calculations and analysis.
- Exchange ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions, or solutions.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Think creatively and contribute to project success.
- Successfully manage a variety of tasks within a tight time schedule.
- Demonstrate strong initiative and ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Interact with employees, visitors, and business partners with poise and diplomacy.
- Ability to handle very stressful, high pressured atmosphere
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working atmosphere among staff.
- Ability to leverage technology and internet to perform all job functions at the highest level.
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 240 cities in 27 countries. Hines oversees a portfolio of assets under management valued at approximately $160.9 billion¹, including $81.7 billion in assets under management for which Hines serves as investment manager, and $79.2 billion representing more than 172.9 million square feet of assets for which Hines provides third-party property level services. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired approximately 1,450 properties, totaling over 485 million square feet. The firm has more than 180 developments currently underway around the world. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a pioneering commitment to ESG, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit www.hines.com for more information. ¹Includes both the global Hines organization as well as RIA AUM as of December 31, 2020.