When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you’ll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As an Innovation Intern with Hines, you will support the Innovation team on one or more workstreams including venture capital partnerships, health & wellness research, and new technologies that can help the company provide a better experience and design of our real estate products offerings. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organize new R+D data to recognize trends, monitor results, and provide input toward understanding results and ideas for further innovations.
- Develop database of best practices, lessons learned, and costs from previous R+D initiatives.
- Research startup, industry, and technology trends in collaboration with internal experts and external venture capital partners.
- Vet and underwrite investment and R+D initiative opportunities.
- Improve the quality and efficiency of current communications through innovative ideas.
- Distill health and wellness research to identify opportunities and propose innovative applications.
- Develop an understanding of the principles behind innovation within the real estate industry
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and understand technical information and apply the knowledge in a variety of situations and circumstances.
- Passionate students from any academic discipline will be considered, including current Juniors.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word with the curiosity and ability to learn new similar programs such as Smartsheet or SharePoint.
- Ability to interact with all stakeholders through robust written and verbal communications.
- Robust organizational skills and ability to recognize patterns and clearly communicate results.
- Ability to execute various deliverables simultaneously with team and independently.
- Demonstrate self-motivation and responsibility for personal growth and career development.
- Real estate experience is not required; however, an understanding of general finance and industry concepts is preferred.