Hiring at Multiple Job Locations
- Hamden, CT
- New York, NY
The Project Representative is an entry level position for the technical staff, generally with fewer than 4 years of experience. This role’s primary activities are performed under the direction of the supervisor / project team leader and are focused on the implementation of project directives, mainly documentation tasks that contribute to the overall project. The successful candidate is someone who is organized, motivated, and detail-oriented, and who is willing to work with the team and take responsibility for getting the job done.
Under the direction and supervision of the team leader, performs project tasks, including:
- Produce working plans, diagrams, and construction documents, as directed.
- Meet task and project deadlines.
- Communicate and understand task assignments and expectations.
- Promote a collaborative team atmosphere.
- Develop detailing skills and material understanding, related to building envelope projects.
- Develop visual and presentation skills (final reports, CD sets, etc.).
- Undertake job-related research, as directed.
- Develop computer software skills (AutoCAD, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Newforma).
- Develop knowledge of Hoffmann Architects projects and resources.
- Gain an understanding of building systems, codes, and construction methods.
- Observe and document the progress and quality of contractor work based on guidelines set forth by the team leader.
- Produce draft / outline site visit reports and meeting minutes.
Other Duties and Expectations
- Actively seek experience and continuing education to fulfill requirements for licensure.
- Participate in professional/community organizations and activities.
- Attend continuing education programs.
- Demonstrate organizational skills.
- Be self-motivated regarding office projects and the office environment.
Required Education and Experience
- First professional degree from an accredited architectural or engineering program AND
- Zero to 4 years of architectural or engineering experience OR
- Equivalent combination of academic and professional experience.
- Architectural graduates should be enrolled in the AXP (Architectural Experience Program).
- Engineering graduates should have passed the FE (Fundamentals in Engineering) exam.
- Knowledge of computer software applications (AutoCAD, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Willingness to work on roofs and facades utilizing contractor’s staging or scaffolding.
- Experience with building envelope, plaza, and/or parking rehabilitation.
Hoffmann Architects is a specialty architectural and engineering firm driven by details. We have built a reputation for excellence by resolving building exterior distress at major symbols of the country’s architectural heritage, such as the Chrysler Building, the United States Capitol building, the New York Stock Exchange, and the Smithsonian Institution. Our technical staff is known for their attention to seemingly small details that can make a big difference in the life of a building. We aim to be the best in our niche field, and we take pride in our work.
We generally keep regular business hours and are home in time to have dinner with family, catch the game, or meet up with friends. With the Firm approaching 50 people spread out in three offices (CT, NY, and VA), we strive to maintain a tight community. On Friday afternoons, we break early and get together in the office for Happy Hour. We also share company-wide events from bowling night to a family summer picnic, that allow us to get together and catch up in a casual setting. Getting to know our coworkers, whether in another state or at the next desk allows us to be a better working team.
Being part of a team that does something few other firms do and even fewer do well is remarkably fulfilling. Our work is second to none because our people believe we’re the best at what we do.
Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity
Hoffmann Architects is committed to a culture of diversity and equal employment opportunity. We strictly prohibit discrimination against employees or applicants on the basis of age, ancestry or national origin, mental or physical disability or history of disability, AIDS/HIV status, gender, marital or familial status, pregnancy or childbirth, race or color, religion or creed, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, political activities, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.