Reports to: Medical Coordinator
Location: Main Campus and or Moon Township Campus
Hours: Full-time – Exempt; Must be available to work holidays and weekends, as needed. Varying shifts: 6am-2pm; 2pm-10pm; 4pm-12am; 10pm-6am; with every other weekend off.
General Statement of Duties:
The Medical Triage Team will provide 24/7 medical response services to Unaccompanied Children ages 0-17. Provide overall daily support, guidance and care to the Unaccompanied Children. They will provide compassionate care and timeliness of service. They will provide immediate assessment of medical concerns regardless of time of day. Candidates who are bilingual in Spanish and English, preferred.
Final approval for hire will be done by the Project Officer of the Office of Refugee and Resettlement which is a sub-agency of the Department of Health and Human Services of the federal government.
1. Triage phone calls from staff regarding UC medical incidents or injuries.
2. Complete telehealth visits with UC for after-hours sick visit
3. Schedule follow up visit with health Care Providers
4. Complete medical testing (Covid 19, Step throat, hearing and eye screening)
5. Assist medical office with on campus appointments
6. Communication with Health Care providers effectively
7. Provide immediate physical assessments of medical concern on campus and perform key initial interventions when appropriate.
8. Gather and record data and complete Internal Incident and Medical Reports and Significant Incident Reports as required.
9. Provide education and guidance to staff and UC on nutrition and health care.
10. Provide necessary referrals, as needed.
11. Prepare documentation for intakes and discharges.
12. Conduct medical intake assessments/interviews.
13. Conduct discharge assessments.
14. Monitor Billing for emergency room and urgent care visits.
15. Copy and main request for medical records ensuring HIPAA Compliance
16. Ensure each unit has stock medications and medical supplies needed.
17. Complete Treatment of Authorization via Point of Comfort Portal
18. Delivery prescription to pharmacy
19. Retrieve medication, including controlled medication from the pharmacy.
20. Maintain electronic records and medical files.
21. Must be Available to work on weekends and holidays.
22. Maintains client confidentiality.
23. Attend all mandatory trainings.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN), required. One year previous clinical, hospital or nursing experience required. Pediatric experience preferred. Ability to communicate effectively and document information accurately. Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of individuals. Ability to maintain electronic records, medical files and have basic computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Ability to fully read, write, and speak, and interpret in English and Spanish preferred.
The candidate must have ACT 33/34 & FBI clearances and a valid PA driver’s license and proof of licensure. EOE