Our transitional residential facility for families with children is seeking mission-driven Social Workers and Mental Health Counselors for senior and entry-level Client Care Coordinator positions. The Client Care Coordinator is responsible for the overall delivery and coordination of mental health and related services for homeless families. Working under a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), the Client Care Coordinator will enhance existing services to include a thorough assessment of families’ long-term goals at intake and collaborate with the case management staff to set achievable goals and establish linkages within the community to ensure the family’s success.
Current Hiring Locations:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote and model best practice for Family Services staff
- Improve linkages to mental health and community-based services
- Strengthen the overall permanency outcomes for families with children in shelter
- Ensure focus on effective social services delivery to clients, including integration of models and best practices (such as trauma informed and family centered care)
- Monitor, lead and coordinate social service and counseling support including appropriate and timely interventions
- The completion of biopsychosocial assessments
- Manage record keeping, data collection, and evaluation on the effectiveness of services for families
- Must have a Master’s Degree, preferably in Social Work or Counseling
- Must be a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Master Health Counselor (LMHC) in the state of New York upon hire or within three (3) months of hire
- Should have familiarity with substance use disorders and addiction treatment services, domestic violence, child abuse and maltreatment, trauma, and mental health conditions
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development, emotional/behavioral health, parent-child relationships, family dynamics, and diagnostic classification
- Expertise in strengths-based, solution-focused, and family-centered practice
- Knowledge and experience working with diverse cultures and ethnicities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Sensitivity and awareness while working with homeless and vulnerable populations.
In order to attract and retain a high-performance workforce, Homes for the Homeless offers a dynamic and rewarding work environment, with a focus on ensuring an appropriate work-life balance. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide excellent benefits including comprehensive health insurance (including medical, dental, and vision), an employer-funded 403(b) retirement plan, commuter benefits, life insurance, Work/Life Assistance Program, 3 weeks paid vacation, and ample personal and sick leave.
Homes for the Homeless is committed to promoting an inclusive organizational environment of dignity and respect. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment, and prohibit any form of discrimination or harassment based on age, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, arrest or conviction, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state, or local law.