Are you a recent or soon-to-be graduate hoping to begin your counseling career in the Mental Health or Addictions field? Perhaps you’re a seasoned professional seeking an organization where you can advance your career. Either way, this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for. Apply to join us as a professional Counselor today!
“Horizon is truly a best company to work for. Our person-centered approach allows me to be flexible with my patients, resulting in strong professional bonds that work to foster dynamic change!”
-Rachel S., LMSW, Senior Counselor II
What will your day look like?
We don’t just throw you in and hope for the best! Our highly regarded onboarding program will offer you direct mentorship with experienced counselors, individualized training, and a team of coworkers who want to ensure your success here at Horizon! We are all about collaboration. We want to hear your thoughts, work with you as a team, and help you build confidence!
Some of the day-to-day responsibilities you will have include:
- Conducting comprehensive patient pre-screening assessments and developing treatment plans that identify patients’ needs and strengths
- Participating in weekly one-on-ones with your manager, as well as team meetings, to discuss case presentations
- Coordinating and collaborating with other service providers and family members
- Attending trainings via our new state-of-the-art learning management system where you will gain the necessary knowledge to be a successful counselor
Why choose Horizon to build your counseling career?
As a counselor, we want you to feel challenged, supported, and fulfilled in your work! The work we do is not easy, but it is rewarding. We pride ourselves on our unique corporate culture of caring and respect, while also being progressive and highly spirited!
What we offer that you will love:
- Evidence-based clinical programming designed by leaders in the behavioral health field
- State-of-the-art onboarding program, complete with your own clinical attending
- Hundreds of clinical and nonclinical trainings available at our own Horizon University, 100% free!
- Reimbursement of expenses for licensure, certification, and renewal
- Career growth opportunities, including the flexibility to work in both mental health and addiction services
- Opportunity for telehealth remote work based upon training, experience, and credentialing with Horizon
- Student loan assistance. This program helps pay off our team members’ student loans every month. One year after joining you will have been able to pay off an extra $600!
What has prepared you for this opportunity?
In addition to all of the all-nighters and cramming for exams…
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Service, Social Work or related field with a CASAC
- Completed Master’s degree in a program that will grant licensure in the state of New York
Our beautiful and welcoming clinics are located throughout Western New York, with locations in Erie, Niagara and Genesee counties. Click here to check out a list of our current locations. We can’t wait to talk with you more about our facilities and your preferences- there are so many exciting possibilities!
You’ll coordinate a personalized schedule with your supervisor that will meet both the clinic and patients’ needs as well as yours. Our outpatient clinics offer expanded hours Monday – Thursday so we’ll ask you to be available at least 2 evenings per week, but don’t worry about jeopardizing your work-life balance… we can help you create a schedule that works for you, as many locations close earlier on Fridays!
Disclaimer: This information is intended to provide a general overview of the position; it is not a full job description.
Horizon 2021 Recruitment Bonus Program
Eligible Hires and Payment Structure:
- Full Time hires will receive $300 after 30 days of continuously working and another $300 after 6 months of continuously working for a total bonus of $600.
- Part Time hires will receive $150 after 30 days of continuously working and another $150 after 6 months of continuously working for a total bonus of $300.
- Bonus will be paid according to the employee’s PT or FT status as of Dec. 31st