Are you seeking to begin or continue your career in the human services field?
Do you want to work in a role where you will be able to make a difference in someone’s life on a daily basis?
Apply to be a Senior Therapist today!
What will my day look like?
At Horizon, you will be provided a supportive work environment where your teammates feel like family. Have a question? There is always someone there to help! We offer a seamless onboarding experience that will ensure your success in your new role. At Horizon, a Senior Therapist will…
- Maintain a caseload consistent with regulations
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of consumers’ needs
- Based on assessment, develop a treatment plan reflective of these needs and identified strengths
- Initiate consultation with other professionals as needed regarding consumer assessment and treatment plan
- Conduct ongoing assessment of service needs and modification of treatment plans to reflect these changing needs
- Provide patient with linkages to other supportive services as identified in the assessment
- Maintain patient records and ensure documentation consistent with regulatory agencies, UR/QA, and payers
- Provide crisis intervention and management to consumers
- Maintain working relationships with referral agencies and supportive services to enable comprehensive service provision to consumers
- Assume responsibility for clinical management in the absence of Program Director and access additional supports as necessary
- Assist the Program Director in the clinical and operational advisement of the team
- Perform other duties as defined by the Program Director
Why do I want to work for Horizon?
There are many reasons why you should work for Horizon. Don’t worry, we won’t keep it a secret! Here are a few!
- 401(k) and profit sharing opportunities. Who doesn’t want to retire one day? You can begin putting your own money away from day one, and could be eligible to receive retirement contributions from us by year t
- Trainings, trainings, and more trainings! Horizon knows how important professional development is for everyone. Here at Horizon we offer both clinical and non-clinical trainings so there is something for everyone!
- Referral bonuses. You work somewhere awesome, so why shouldn’t your close family and friends? If you refer someone to work at Horizon and they get hired, you will earn a referral bonus as a thank you.
- Student loan assistance. This program helps pay off our team members’ student loans every month. One year after joining you will have been able to pay off an extra $600!
- Summer hours. Since our summers are short in Buffalo, we like to give our staff the ability to start the weekend a few hours early on Friday so they can enjoy the beautiful outdoors.
- Team building activities. Horizon builds time into your schedule so you can connect and spend time with your team.
- And more!
What has prepared me for this opportunity?
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field and license required (CASAC, LMSW, LMHC, LCSW)
- Minimum of 6 years of direct care clinical experience providing psychotherapy/counseling services to individuals, families and groups, or a combination of 6 years of direct care experience and supervisory experience overseeing direct care clinical staff; license/credential in his/her professional discipline
55 Dodge Road, Getzville, NY 14068
Monday – Friday; days and evenings with possible Saturdays based on patient demand
Disclaimer: This information is intended to provide a general overview of the position; it is not a full job description.