The Behavioral Health Tele-Clinician position offers flexible scheduling and is a remote position. The Behavioral Health Tele-Clinician is responsible for assessing patient needs in areas of service planning and direct services to patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess and engages patients into care following the initial assessment period
- Based on assessment, develop a treatment plan reflective of these needs and identified strengths
- Provision of ongoing, video-based therapy with excellent clinical service implementation with patients
- Provide patients with linkages to other supportive services as identified in the assessment
- Maintain patient records and ensure documentation consistent with regulatory agencies, utilization reviews/quality assurance and payers
- Provide crisis intervention and management to patients and their families
- Maintain working relationships with referral agencies and supportive services to enable comprehensive service provision to patients
- Demonstrates a behavioral health knowledge base allowing for the provision of direct service and clinical advisement for patients presenting with mental health and/or substance use disorders
- The ideal candidate is a trained integrationist with advanced training in EMDR, DBT, MI or perinatal mood disorcers.
- Must be comfortable working independently
- Must be skilled at completing documentation in a timely fashion
- Ideally would have experience with tele-mental health but not required
- Bi-lingual candidates encouraged to apply
This position is remote. Equipment to perform job duties (e.g. lap top and cell phone) is provided by Horizon. Teleconferencing for meetings and supervision is available.
Full time position, hours vary, some evening and weekend hours required.
- Completed Master’s degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Addictions Counseling and applicable licensure:
- 5 Years relevant experience providing behavioral health counseling services to patients and families.
Applicants without minimum education and experience will not be considered for this position.
Within this position you would be eligible to take approved free courses toward licensure renewal and continuing education!