Acquisitions Associate – New York, NY
Hudson Housing Capital LLC is seeking a highly motivated real estate finance professional to serve as a full-time Acquisitions Associate based in New York City. Hudson Housing Capital is a low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) syndicator committed to promoting and fostering the development of affordable housing with high social impact. The organization has raised $6.5 billion of equity, which is invested in 605 LIHTC properties comprised of 62,000 units of affordable housing across the United States.
The Associate will effectively coordinate all aspects of equity investment transactions for closing and will regularly communicate with investors, developers, lenders, and counsel. The ideal candidate will have strong financial forecasting/modeling skills and preferably a background in or knowledge of partnership accounting and taxation. The primary responsibilities of the Associate will include, but are not limited, to the following:
• Preparing and analyzing financial forecasts
• Assisting in the acquisitions process and preparing letters of intent for potential investments
• Reviewing appraisals, market studies, financial statements, legal documents, and other due diligence throughout the closing process
• Drafting investment committee submission materials, including investment summary packages, for internal and external approvals
• Participating in working group conference calls throughout the closing process
• Coordinating with internal and external personnel, including underwriters, engineers, counsel and other team members
• Master’s Degree in real estate finance or development is preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Tax, Finance or related degree
• Ability to work independently to meet time-sensitive goals and deadlines
• Excellent analytical and written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Attention to detail is a critical requirement
For additional information on Hudson Housing Capital LLC please visit www.hudsonhousing.com.