TEXT RNHH TO 240-301-1561 TO APPLY
Humanim’s Behavioral Health Department is hiring a full-time Registered Nurse Care Manager to work with the Health Homes program!
This position is 35-40 hours per week and coordinates care for more than 150 clients with serious and persistent mental health illness. RN Care Manager candidates should have a passion for serving those with behavioral health diagnoses, and an interest in research, coordination, and education for both clients and the psychiatric rehabilitation team of staff.
Nursing services may be offered via face-to-face interaction at the office or a residence, but are mostly delivered telephonically or through psychiatric rehabilitation staff. The preferred RN Care Manager candidate will be innovative, flexible, and exhibit “outside of the box” thinking. An understanding of health coaching and person-centeredness is key to success within Humanim’s Behavioral Health Department.
The RN Care Manager position is perfect for a nurse who is looking for rewarding, flexible, and a fun environment in which to integrate wellness. Additional details can be found below.
Qualified candidates: please provide resume and cover letter including salary requirements.
The RN Care Manager works with the Wellness Integration Manager to support the Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program (PRP) staff to ensure the “mission” of the Health Homes program:
To increase access to appropriate care, coordinate somatic and behavioral sciences, and improve chronic disease-related outcomes for Humanim’s behavioral health clients.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
• Must maintain current Maryland License as an RN or licensure in a compact state that allows practice in Maryland
• Must maintain current CPR & First Aid certification
• BSN or Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Related Field is preferred but not required
• Prior medical case management experience highly desirable
• Experience in behavioral health field a plus
• Interest and proficiency in education, training, and research is desired
• Coordinating the somatic and psychiatric care for clients as assigned
• Creating – with the input of clients, PRP staff, physicians, and nurse practitioner – relevant health and wellness goals and interventions for the Individual Rehabilitation Plan
• Ensuring implementation of the treatment plan in partnership with the individual, PRP Staff, and family
• Providing direct care services as needed in an urgent or emergency situation
• Conducting health promotion, coaching, and education activities via group and individually to clients and staff
• Coordinating hospital or other facility discharge and community transition, post hospital admission
• Monitoring the overall somatic health of clients
• Providing referrals and credible sources of research
• Offering additional support to psychiatric rehabilitation staff as needed