We are seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for a full-time, school-based position working with K-8 students in the Spanaway, WA area during the 2020-2021 school year. LPN is needed to work in a support role, primarily assisting with diabetic program(s) and medically fragile students as needed. Eligible candidates must be an LPN or RN and must have diabetic experience. Experience in pediatrics is preferred.
- Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Washington.
- Must have a valid DoH License
- Must have valid fingerprints
- Must have diabetic experience
- Experience with pediatrics, preferred
- Provide health services as an ESA School Nurse for the general and special education program.
- Insure compliance of students immunization.
- Assemble, organize and maintain records, files and supplies related to the health of special education students
- Provide one on one daily treatments.
- Interpret patient information and make critical decisions about needed actions.
- Provide medical assistance and care on an as-needed basis.
- Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
- Provide oversight to the health of the student and counselling to their well-being.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.