Humphreys & Partners Architects has been delivering high-quality, innovative architectural planning and design services since 1991. We are an award-winning firm specializing in multifamily, mixed-use, and hospitality/resort design, with extensive experience in high-rise, mid-rise, student, senior, tax credit, affordable, moderate, and luxury communities. Headquartered in Dallas, with regional offices in Chicago, Costa Mesa, Houston, New Orleans, and Orlando, our talented team of professionals combines artistic talent with diverse experience in all aspects of the architectural process.
Our goal is to provide innovative design solutions for a competitive marketplace. We are committed to creating distinctive designs that are appropriate for both our clients’ requirements as well as the needs of the surrounding community. Our work is focused on balancing function, cost, and aesthetics to produce excellent and memorable architecture.
The ideal Architectural Intern candidate in Houston positively contributes to an architectural team by helping to create high-quality design development and construction documents.
- Create portions of design and construction contract documents under the direct supervision of the Project Manager
- Research applicable codes and ordinances for assigned projects
- Collaborate with project team members to ensure contract documents are complete and accurate
- Assist with construction administration duties, such as requests for information and submittals
More about you:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or related field; Professional degree in architecture preferred
- Zero to two years of experience, on the path to licensure preferred
- Technical proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office
- Basic understanding of concrete and/or wood-frame construction is desirable
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work under direct supervision
- Outstanding listening and writing skills, and a keen ability to translate complex concepts into concise language
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills to build relationships across the company as well as with our clients
- You are passionate about multifamily architecture
- You want to be challenged in new and exciting ways that help you grow professionally
- Salary and bonus commensurate with experience and your contribution to the company’s success
- License and renewal fees, AIA membership, and continuing education, subject to qualifications
- 401k and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies
- Birthday day off
- And much more…
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because we know a diverse and inclusive workplace makes our company stronger. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to join us in creating great architecture.