Humphreys & Partners Architects has been delivering high-quality, innovative architectural planning and design services since 1991. We are an award-winning firm specializing in multifamily, mixed-use, and hospitality/resort design, with extensive experience in high-rise, mid-rise, student, senior, tax credit, affordable, moderate, and luxury communities. Headquartered in Dallas, with regional offices in Chicago, Costa Mesa, Houston, New Orleans, and Orlando, our talented team of professionals combines artistic talent with diverse experience in all aspects of the architectural process.
Our goal is to provide innovative design solutions for a competitive marketplace. We are committed to creating distinctive designs that are appropriate for both our clients’ requirements as well as the needs of the surrounding community. Our work is focused on balancing function, cost, and aesthetics to produce excellent and memorable architecture.
We are looking for a Project Architect (Licensed) in the Houston, TX area with experience in producing architectural drawings focusing on multifamily residential and mixed-use projects. The Project Architect will manage the day to day production of multiple projects and team operations.
- Document code review and compliance
- Communicate and coordinate with management, clients, consultants and contractors related to daily business operations
- Ensure accurate preparation of project construction documents and communication with and coordination of the preparation of documents with consultants, contractors and team members
- Visits with city officials and clients as necessary
- Review shop drawings, project submittals, etc. for document compliance
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines
More About You:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Architecture or in a related field (construction or engineering)
- 8+ years of professional experience in multi-family, senior living or similar architectural projects required
- Must have professional architectural license
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint and other software programs
- Ability to use Revit (is a must), AutoCAD, Photoshop, SketchUp or other 3D Modeling
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to interact with senior management, external client organizations and vendors
- Ability to follow-up in a timely manner
- Positive attitude and driven to succeed
- NCARB certification
- You are passionate about multifamily architecture
- You want to be challenged in new and exciting ways that help you grow professionally
- Salary and bonus commensurate with experience and your contribution to the company’s success
- License and renewal fees, AIA membership, and continuing education, subject to qualifications
- 401k and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies
- Birthday day off
- And much more…
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because we know a diverse and inclusive workplace makes our company stronger. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to join us in creating great architecture.