Humphreys & Partners Architects has been delivering high-quality, innovative architectural planning and design services since 1991. We are an award-winning firm specializing in multifamily, mixed-use, and hospitality/resort design, with extensive experience in high-rise, mid-rise, student, senior, tax credit, affordable, moderate, and luxury communities. Headquartered in Dallas, with regional offices in Chicago, Costa Mesa, Houston, New Orleans, and Orlando, our talented team of professionals combines artistic talent with diverse experience in all aspects of the architectural process.
Our goal is to provide innovative design solutions for a competitive marketplace. We are committed to creating distinctive designs that are appropriate for both our clients’ requirements as well as the needs of the surrounding community. Our work is focused on balancing function, cost, and aesthetics to produce excellent and memorable architecture.
The ideal Project Architect candidate in Chicago is experienced in coordinating the completion of architectural projects from design development through completion of construction.
- Coordinate the completion of design and construction contract documents under the supervision of the Project Manager
- Research applicable codes and ordinances for assigned projects
- Collaborate with project team members to ensure contract documents are complete and accurate
- Provide technical guidance to junior level team members
- Lead project team coordination meetings and serve as the primary communicator with the client and consultants
- Prepare project specifications according to industry standards
- Manage construction administration duties, such as requests for information and submittals
More about you:
- Licensed Architect; NCARB certification is preferred
- Minimum three years of experience; multifamily experience preferred
- Technical proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Office
- LEED AP certification is desirable
- Basic to intermediate understanding of concrete and/or wood-frame construction
- Intermediate understanding of building codes and ordinances, including resolution of code-related issues
- Prior experience with Newforma, or equivalent software, is desirable
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently with a moderate level of supervision
- Outstanding listening and writing skills, and a keen ability to translate complex concepts into concise language
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills to build relationships across the company as well as with our clients
- You are passionate about multifamily architecture
- You want to be challenged in new and exciting ways that help you grow professionally
- Salary and bonus commensurate with experience and your contribution to the company’s success
- License and renewal fees, AIA membership, and continuing education, subject to qualifications
- 401k and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies
- Birthday day off
- And much more…
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because we know a diverse and inclusive workplace makes our company stronger. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to join us in creating great architecture.