About the job
Humphreys & Partners Architects has been delivering high-quality, innovative architectural planning and design services since 1991. We are an award-winning firm specializing in multifamily, mixed-use, and hospitality/resort design, with extensive experience in high-rise, mid-rise, student, senior, tax credit, affordable, moderate, and luxury communities. Headquartered in Dallas, with regional offices in Chicago, Costa Mesa, Houston, New Orleans, and Orlando, our talented team of professionals combines artistic talent with diverse experience in all aspects of the architectural process.
Our goal is to provide innovative design solutions for a competitive marketplace. We are committed to creating distinctive designs that are appropriate for both our clients’ requirements as well as the needs of the surrounding community. Our work is focused on balancing function, cost, and aesthetics to produce excellent and memorable architecture.
The ideal Project Manager candidate in New Orleans is experienced in leading multifamily architectural projects from design development through completion of construction and building a strong repeat client base to support organizational growth.
- Manage the completion of multiple projects and assigned project teams from design development through completion of construction, including team members based in other locations
- Ensure contract documents are complete, accurate, and in compliance with applicable requirements and standards
- Provide technical and management supervision to assigned project team members
- Establish and maintain long-term client relationships through positive client interactions and delivery of high- quality products
- Resolve complex design issues by providing innovative and practical technical solutions
- Provide leadership, motivation, and development of team members
- Travel up to 20%, as necessary
More about you:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or related field; Professional degree in architecture preferred; Licensure and NCARB certification is preferred
- Minimum six years of experience; prior project management experience is preferred; multifamily experience preferred
- Technical proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Office
- LEED AP certification is desirable
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of concrete and/or wood-frame construction
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of building codes and ordinances, including resolution of code-related issues
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of AIA contract language
- Prior experience with Newforma, or equivalent software, is desirable
- Outstanding listening and writing skills, and a keen ability to translate complex concepts into concise language
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills to build relationships across the company as well as with our clients
- You are passionate about multifamily architecture
- You want to be challenged in new and exciting ways that help you grow professionally
- Salary and bonus commensurate with experience and your contribution to the company’s success
- License and renewal fees, AIA membership, and continuing education, subject to qualifications
- 401k and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies
- Birthday day off
- And much more…
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because we know a diverse and inclusive workplace makes our company stronger. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to join us in creating great architecture.