Successful candidates will have strong portfolios, excellent verbal and graphic communications skills, an ability to work collaboratively with clients and team members, and an enthusiasm for design excellence and learning. One can expect to participate as a team member working with senior staff and Principals with a collaborative ‘can do’ attitude. The position offers an opportunity to work on high profile projects and gain progressive responsibility while developing design, detailing and project leadership skills. HYL is a small firm with a high level of interaction and an ability to work directly with the Principals and clients on award winning projects. Motivated team members who consistently demonstrate commitment to the firm’s vision and goals in innovative and thoughtful design, high quality deliverables, time management, collaborative spirit and client service will have opportunities for advancement in the firm and additional leadership responsibilities on projects.
Performs work on basic defined segments of a project under supervision.
- Contributes to the general preparation of the design from initial concept through construction administration under the direction of the team leader.
- Contributes to the preparation client presentation materials, including 3-dimensional Revit modeling, rendering and Photoshop illustrations, and design package preparation in InDesign.
- Contributes to the selection of furniture, conducts furniture and materials research, and participates in the development of specification packages.
- Participates in client presentations, ongoing project meetings, and field / site visits.
- Understands office policies, standards, procedures, and BIM/computer data use policies.
- Contributes to the development and production of construction documents and specifications
- Processes submittals and RFIs, including updating logs and sending response transmittals. Provides initial review of submittals and RFIs for final review with supervisor.
- Maintains project design goals throughout the Construction Document and Construction Administration process.
- Conducts weekly site meetings and walk-throughs with project supervisor.
- Assists project manager in writing site observation reports.
- Contributes to the process for issuing Bulletins/Addenda as required.
- Contributes to the punchlist and back punch efforts.
- Takes responsibility for meeting project deadlines for individual work efforts. Seeks assistance or guidance from senior team members when needed.
- Assist project manager or supervisor with project record keeping, including maintaining network organization of project correspondence and minutes for the use of the team.
- Assists project manager in the documentation of meetings and client decisions.
- Understanding of project schedule and budget.
- Works with utmost confidentiality on client projects, protecting client and firm proprietary information and methodology.
- Demonstrates an ongoing and consistent ability to work within the HYL team culture.
- Attends design community events as a representative of HYL.
- On-site attendance is required for aspects of the project, including but not limited to the following:
– field surveys
– client design presentations
– mock-up review
– material review / selection
– showroom tours
– site tours
- 0-3 years of full time experience
- Actively pursuing architectural or NCIDQ licensure
- LEED, WELL or fitwel accreditation a plus
- Bachelors or Masters degree in architecture or interior design, or related field, from an accredited school
- Revit proficiency preferred
- Communication and graphics skills including: Revit, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, and InDesign
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and professional work ethic