Your Role and Responsibilities
This position is a Data Analyst Intern role with the Chief Analytics Office for rising junior students (currently in their 2nd year of university). This is part one of a two-year summer internship program, aimed at placing candidates into full-time consultant or data scientist roles upon graduation.
During this internship you will develop and be able to showcase skills in (but not limited to):
• data exploration, extraction and manipulation
• fact-based quantitative analysis using data visualization techniques
• building innovative statistical models
• interpreting output and performance of models in business terms, communicating findings to the team and stakeholders through presentation
• collaborating in a team environment
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
To qualify for this position, you must possess the following:
• You are pursuing a BA/BS in Economics, Business, Data Science, Engineering, Computer Science, or another STEM field.
• Your expected graduation date is between December 2022 & June 2023
• You have demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product and technical challenges
• You have the ability to develop new problem-solving techniques to build insights
• You have experience with extracting insights from data sets by reshaping, summarization, combining, and sub-setting to extract summaries and data visualizations
• You have advanced oral and written communication skills
• You thrive in a collaborative team environment
• You live or are willing to relocate to New York
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Additional consideration will be given for these optional qualifications:
• You have advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• You have experience with Python, R or another programming language or software
• Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry
• You have familiarity with machine learning and/or natural language processing
• You have consulting experience and/or worked with clients and stakeholders
High School Diploma/GED
High School Diploma/GED
About Business Unit
The IBM Chief Analytics Office is an elite analytics consulting team that is tasked by IBM executives to pursue our most complex strategic issues. Our work is a combination of data science and management consulting. Through state of the art technology, and the power of artificial intelligence we strive to improve traditional business decision-making and processes.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.