As a package consultant intern you will work with a team to apply your package consultant course related skills. Work as an intern might include in-depth consulting skills, business knowledge, and packaged solution expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into clients’ business environment in order to achieve client expected business results. You’ll be trained to become comfortable in SAP for existing and new applications. This is a student internship position and candidates must be a rising Junior or Senior student to apply.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Work you could do as an ERP Package Consultant Intern:
- Learn valuable on the job skills: clients in selection, implementation, and support of packages
- Take on challenging project work designing, building and supporting technical solutions
- Utilize your experience in tools and SAP technologies particularly SAP Data, Analytics or S4/HANA or Oracle or Supply Chain or Workday
- Gain industry knowledge
About the CIC
- The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge center (aka: we work in a traditional IBM Agile office setting)
- Some travel is expected, and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the U.S. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday through Friday). You will be expected to travel approximately 50% of the time.
- You must live in, or be willing to locate to, LOUISIANA. The work location is 100 North St, Baton Rouge, LA 70802 (post internship purposes). This a 100% virtual position.
- Our motto: Right Time, Right Place, Change the World
- Check us out on YouTube: http://ibm.biz/BatonRougeCIC
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: Helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: Navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
IBM Corporate Citizenship
IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree Program with a focus on Business or computer technology. (Ex. Business Management, Statistics, Data Analytics, ISDS or IT)
- Completed coursework related to: use of development tools (Ex. IDE’s, debuggers, code repositories); OR SAP, ABAP, Finance, Supply Chain, Master Data, S4HANA
- Completed coursework related to programming languages, methodologies, and Object Oriented programming (Ex. Java, Python, C++, SAP, etc)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Previous completed project work or internship with a focus in Business and/ Object Oriented Programming language.
- Exposure to SAP, Oracle and/or Workday a plus!
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.