IBM is a global cognitive and cloud company changing the way the world works. We foster a culture of creative, innovative thinkers; people who are curious about how technology can transform businesses and impact the world. Our consultants are part of IBM Services where we engage with clients across every industry to deliver technology-driven solutions. We cultivate a diverse, inclusive, global team of people who want to pioneer, reimagine and disrupt the future.
Here’s where you come in. We’re looking for passionate, original thinkers who want to drive progress, grow their network and jumpstart their careers. If you see yourself as someone who never stops learning, who believes no problem is too big to solve, and who wants to unleash your potential, IBM Services is for you.
As an intern with IBM Services, you’ll be part of an IBM North America intern community and experience with opportunities to meet other interns and IBMers during networking events, special events and career development activities. You’ll have a mentor to help you explore what a future at IBM could look like. For your day-to-day experience, you’ll be aligned to a consulting project or initiative and see first-hand how we help businesses change the way they work. You’ll learn how we focus on our clients’ technical and business needs to co-create solutions that improve their businesses. At IBM, we prioritize ongoing learning, development of technical skills, and continuous personal growth, all grounded in a culture of coaching and mentorship – you’ll get exposure to all that and more as an intern.
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
START AND END DATES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE DURING SUMMER 2021 (10-12 weeks)You’re right at the intersection of technology, people, and process, helping clients transform how they adapt to shifts in the market, and more closely align their business strategy and vision. The goal of the internship is to experience what it is like to work on a team to deliver for clients with the federal government and federal agencies. Depending on the project, you’ll have the opportunity to develop an understanding of the processes, goals and objectives that define the client’s future state, and the steps needed to help them get there. You will see how leading technologies can improve traditional business processes. You’ll have an opportunity to learn about your client’s industry, tackle new challenges and learn about the intersection of business and technology. You’ll join a team of consultants and learn what it is like to work in a collaborative environment.
Work you could do as a Federal Business Transformation Consultant Intern:
· Support workshops, meetings and stakeholder interviews
· Document requirements from the product owner/business lead
· Develop process maps to understand As-Is and To-Be scenarios
· Translate client requirements into analytical specifications for the implementation of the IBM solution
· Discover current and future operational scenarios (processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions) and works with client using an agreed methodology to ensure proper translation of business requirements to solution requirements
· Project business value of a solution in client-relevant terms and drive adoption of key performance indicator (KPI) impact with key client stakeholders
· Assist with Cloud migration and system application implementation or upgrades (such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Workday, and Salesforce)
· Draft and send communications tailored to specific audiences
· Work in an Agile, collaborative environments on a cross-functional team
· Learn and apply IBM’s Design Thinking to help solve client’s challenges
· Analyze data to support conclusions and strategies, and design organization
Required Technical and Professional Expertise·
Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
· Ability to develop new problem-solving techniques to build insights
· Advanced oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively in an intense team environment, able to build direct working relationships across all levels of the IBM and client teams
· Can understand clients’ needs and challenges and apply creative and logical approach to identify solutions
· Demonstrate exceptional quantitative analysis skills and ability to derive recommendations informed by data and insights
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with a graduation date of December 2021 – May 2022
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Currently in pursuit of BA/BS in Human Resources, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business, Public Policy, Data Science, Engineering or another STEM field
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Many jobs within GBS Federal Sector require U.S. citizenship and/or security clearance because of government or contract requirements. If you are not a U.S. citizen or are unable to obtain security clearance, there may be limited work opportunities for you, which may affect your continued employment at IBM.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.