At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.Your Role and Responsibilities
During your 10-12 week summer internship, you’ll have an exciting opportunity to:
Join our IBM North America intern community and meet other IBMers during networking events, special team events and career development activities.
Participate on a consulting project or initiative and experience first-hand how we help transform their business
Focus on our clients’ technical and business needs to co-create solutions that add value.
Work collaboratively to deliver innovative solutions for clients.
Develop an understanding of our client’s future state goals and processes, then define the steps needed and leading technologies to help turn their goals into reality.
Learn about a client’s industry, tackle new challenges, and learn about how their business and technology intersect.
Work you could do as a Consultant Intern:
IBM provides a variety of solutions to clients and our specialized teams serve these needs. As a result, the specific work and technologies vary by the team you may be joining. Below is a list of the types of work Intern Consultants do:
• Assist with Cloud migration and system application implementation or upgrades (such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Workday, and Salesforce)
• Run or support workshops, meetings, and stakeholder interviews
• Document requirements from product owners/ business leads
• Translate client requirements into analytical specifications for the implementation of IBM solutions
• Define current and future operational scenarios (processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions)
• Work with clients using an agreed methodology to ensure proper translation of business requirements to solution requirements
• Develop communications tailored to specific audiences
• Work in Agile, collaborative environments
• Use IBM’s Design Thinking to help solve client’s challenges
• Analyze data to support conclusions and strategies, and design organization
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Federal security clearance while in IBM Consulting – Federal.
•Can understand clients’ needs and challenges and apply creative and logical approach to identify solutions
• Demonstrate quantitative analysis skills and ability to derive recommendations informed by data and insights
• Can work on multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus in an environment with conflicting demands
• Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
• Can translate business requirements into technical solutions
• Demonstrate leadership experience and ability to adapt, with willingness to readily take ownership of tasks and problems
• Have initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills