** Fully Remote**
About IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tampa Bay, FL (2021), and Jacksonville, FL (2022)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
About Permian Basin
Permian Basin is a large region encompassing the majority of West Texas. When you think of the Permian Basin, think oil country, Friday Night Lights, sunny days, and gorgeous sunsets. The two major cities that IDEA Public Schools will serve are Midland and Odessa, located about 15 miles from each other and situated almost exactly halfway between El Paso and Fort Worth.
Though only 17% of residents have a college degree, the community is eager to innovate, partner, and transform the education system for the next generation of scholars. IDEA Public Schools is proud to launch in Permian Basin as a high-quality education opportunity for families, with a commitment to serve over 10,000 students at scale by launching 14 schools across Midland and Odessa.
What does the Human Assets Team do?
The Human Assets Team is responsible for recruiting, selecting, as well as retaining high quality teachers and leaders to IDEA. For the upcoming 21-22 school year, our Permian Basin team will recruit applicants and hire new teachers and leaders for our growing and launching campuses. During the school year, we will be working to cultivate brand awareness and build community relationships.
What will our amazing new Intern do?
Our Intern will become an integral part of our Permian Basin Staffing Team through the following:
- Daily outreach/sourcing to prospective candidates about IDEA (ex: Indeed, LinkedIn, Handshake)
- Recruitment support for virtual events
- Daily follow up with event attendees within 24 hours of attending an event
- Job posting maintenance on career and college websites
- Data updates on applicant systems regarding prospective candidates
- Converting prospective candidates into applicants and rating the new applicants using a rubric
- Managing event logistics, i.e. Super Interview Days, Selection Fairs, etc.
- Conducting initial applicant screening
Things we would like to see:
- Comfort presenting to groups
- Organized and detail oriented; bias towards taking action
- Experience with recruiting, HR or sales a plus
- Highly proficient with the use of computer, web and mobile technology
- Excellent phone communication skills: clear/personable/enthusiastic
A Few Good Reasons to Join the Team:
- Ability to create flexible schedule
- Opportunity to contribute to meaningful work (finding amazing teachers for our kids!)
- Gain exposure to education and HR field
- Current GPA of 3.0 or higher (preferred)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Passion for working for underserved communities
- Able to commit to working up to 20 hours/week
- At least 48 hours complete of college coursework
- Location: Remote/ Virtual
- Hours: Up to 15-20/week
- 12-16 week internship
- Pay Rate: $10/hour