Venture Capital Internships
Company: Independence Equity
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact: Laurence Hayward
To apply: Send email with cover letter and resume
Eligible: Alumni and Current Students
The position is an opportunity to learn the fundamentals of angel and venture capital investing.
Responsibilities include business plan review, business opportunity screening, financial modeling and analysis, valuations, market assessments, comparable research, competitive research and related due-diligence and assistance in preparing pitch decks and other materials.
The internship must be coordinated through a school program for which class credit is received in lieu of compensation. It is intended for students seeking experience working with entrepreneurial ventures. Hours vary depending on the school program.
Independence Equity is an early-stage venture capital fund. The fund invests in technologies promoting resource efficiency including cleantech, agtech, advanced materials and industrial innovation.
• Currently pursuing MBA or other Master’s degree with coursework in Finance from a top-tier institution. History of superior academic performance. Select undergrads considered if they have strong excel or finance skills.
• Interest in a career in venture capital, investment banking, private equity, or management consulting
• Excellent analytic, financial modeling and communication skills
• Ability and desire to work independently in an entrepreneurial environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills