*This is a remote internship that will operate on West Coast hours (9-6 PST)
Are you obsessed with unique stories? Are you drawn to unusual people and why they do what they do? Are your friends rolling their eyes at how frequently you send them weird content?
60 Second Docs is one of the fastest-growing content producers for newsworthy and shareable videos in the world. With over 650 episodes averaging 8.2 million views per video and over 5 billion views total, we are transforming how the world discovers and promotes unique stories told in the documentary format.
Based in Culver City, 60 Second Docs is seeking to add a talented intern to a very fast-paced work environment. We are looking for someone who craves learning new skills and won’t be afraid to go the extra mile to tackle projects, subjects, and stories. As an intern, you will get to work closely with the producers, while working on real projects that reach and touch the masses.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is inherently curious. Someone who is obsessed with news and people in all their forms – someone who is creative, inventive and thoughtful. We thrive when we have all kinds of stories! All personal and academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply, no previous experience in journalism or entertainment necessary.
- Find and develop ideas and subjects to cover.
- Research stories from newspapers, websites, and blogs.
- Create compelling pitches strong enough to be greenlit by the creative team.
- Perform outreach to story subjects.
- Help with episode copy, interview questions for shoots, etc.
- Fulfill other tasks to help the creative team (we send ourselves for coffee).
- Passion for stories about people, psychology, and behavioral deviation.
- A fast learner. Proactive and self-motivated.
- Superior and succinct communication skills! Every video we make tells a compelling story in just one minute – can you tell one in even less time?
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and G-Suite.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and Flexible.
- Familiarity with social networking sites (We publish on FB, YT, IG, Snap, Twitter, Tik Tok and research on these and then some)
- Curiosity and draw to investigative journalism.
- Interest in documentary storytelling!
Other Desired Skills:
- Experience with Premiere Pro & interest in editing experience a plus
- Interest and experience in remote production
- Strong familiarity with the short documentary format & that landscape
Intern hours are typically 9am-6pm PDT. Must be available to work remotely 2-5 days a week for 10-12 weeks. Must be able to receive school credit for Internship. Please send cover letters and resumes to 60SDjobs@indigenousmedia.com.