Insight Partners is a leading global venture capital and private equity firm investing in high-growth technology and software ScaleUp companies that are driving transformative change in their industries. Founded in 1995, Insight Partners has invested in more than 400 companies worldwide and has raised through a series of funds more than $30 billion in capital commitments. Insight’s mission is to find, fund, and work successfully with visionary executives, providing them with practical, hands-on software expertise to foster long-term success. Across its people and its portfolio, Insight encourages a culture around a belief that ScaleUp companies and growth create opportunity for all.
Insight’s ScaleUp division, Onsite, was created to work side-by-side with our portfolio companies to help them set their strategy, build their teams and improve their operations. Onsite is led by six Operating Partners, all deeply experienced software executives, who lead six centers of excellence (COEs): Talent, Sales & Customer Success, Product & Tech, Marketing, Business Development, and Strategy & Analytics.
We are seeking a highly ambitious and self-driven Analyst to join the Sales & Customer Success COE. In this role you will work on projects for innovative software ScaleUps to help solve their most difficult go-to-market challenges. You will get exposure to companies of various size, investment stage, industry, and geography.
You will work within our team of nine sales and customer success experts to collect and analyze data from our portfolio companies, synthesizing these inputs and formulating actionable recommendations as to how to improve their sales and customer success functions. You will also conduct go-to-market due diligence on potential investments, analyzing the go-to-market potential of prospective companies that Insight is considering investing in and informing the investment decision.
Responsibilities will vary but include:
- Playing a critical role in assessing a company’s go-to-market operations by analyzing company financial and operational data, and formulating recommendations for how to improve their sales and customer success
- Analyzing Insight’s portfolio company data to benchmark company performance, detect trends, identify best practices, and produce thought leadership materials
- Attending and facilitating events for go-to-market leaders in Insight’s portfolio, providing the opportunity to learn from some of the most talented software leaders in the world
- Conducting go-to-market due diligence on potential investments by participating in management meetings, analyzing performance data, and evaluating their go-to-market effectiveness and potential
- Undergraduate degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement (business or quantitative degrees are preferred)
- Demonstrated aptitude for analysis and quantitative problem-solving skills
- A team player with a proven record of leadership who is also an independent thinker
- Detail-oriented who can synthesize large sets of data and information into key findings
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a straightforward, clear, and concise manner
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Deadline-driven, organized, able to multitask and can handle intensity
- Familiarity with one or more BI tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, etc.) is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.