INTEGRAL MOLECULAR is the industry leader in discovering antibodies against membrane proteins. We are a close-knit, Philadelphia-based company, composed of smart, curious scientists. We take an active interest in promoting the learning and professional development of team members. Our company is currently in an exciting growth phase that involves the development of innovative solutions for vaccine discovery and antibody characterization.
This growth brings many new opportunities for a talented scientist. We seek a Ph.D. level scientist with protein engineering experience to support our research, development, and commercialization of biomedical technology-based products.
· Drive the development and implementation of new technology platforms to support the development of therapeutic antibodies and vaccines
· Use your expertise to work on complex cloning projects in close collaboration with multiple teams
· Work with collegial, innovative, and intellectually stimulating team members that continue to publish high quality manuscripts
· Design, engineer and troubleshoot the creation of protein expression constructs to improve affinity, specificity and immunogenicity
· Coordinate cell and molecular biology projects across teams that implement your designs and test engineered proteins
· Review the relevant literature, design and execute protein engineering projects, analyze and interpret data and communicate it across multiple teams
· Candidates should have a PhD in the cell and molecular biology fields or a related discipline and at least 2-3 years of relevant post-PhD experience
· Strong knowledge of protein structural visualization and modeling, sequence prediction and understanding of protein structure-function relationships is required
· Experience with complex molecular biology techniques is desired, such as generating chimeric recombinant sequences, site-directed mutagenesis, random mutagenesis, codon optimization, and/or gene synthesis
· Qualified candidate will have an innovative mindset, be a collaborative team player, effective critical thinker, clear communicator, and possess excellent troubleshooting skills
A resume and cover letter should be sent with Job ID# 022320 in the subject heading.