Interius BioTherapeutics is a preclinical stage gene therapy company cracking the code for in vivo cell-specific gene delivery through lentiviral vector innovation. The company is based on inventions from the laboratory of Dr. Saar Gill, a leading physician-scientist in the fields of cell therapy and immunotherapy, at the Center for Cellular Immunotherapies at the University of Pennsylvania. Successful development of a lead program will enable a disruptive platform for gene therapy with multi-product potential across several high unmet need indications. Interius BioTherapeutics is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA.
Interius BioTherapeutics is seeking a Research Assistant or Research Associate (RA) with three to five years of experience in academia or industry. The successful candidate will have solid skills in molecular biology and mammalian tissue culture and be able to handle working on several projects at a time. The RA will be a critical part of the R&D team, able to follow research protocols and standard operating protocols (SOPs) with precision and consistency. The successful candidate will conduct daily experiments independently and in collaboration with other members of the scientific team and thrive in a rapidly evolving research environment. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with interactions across different roles and levels in the organization, be a quick learner, detail-oriented, multi-tasker, self-reliant, problem-solver with utmost integrity, and excellent interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will be expected to establish mutual respect and trust when representing the company and its values both internally and to external stakeholders. The position is full-time, offers excellent benefits, and is based in Philadelphia, PA.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and collaborative researcher, who thrives in a “get it done” environment. The RA will have the following mix of personal and professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a biology or a related discipline
- Expert at molecular biology techniques including DNA/RNA/protein work, PCR, cloning
- Previous experience with mammalian cell and tissue culture
- Experience with virus production/purification and transfection/transduction is a plus
- Experience with flow cytometry is a plus, other staining techniques a plus (e.g. tissue staining/IHC)
- Desire to learn and contribute in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- The candidate must be self-directed and independent, but also able to effectively collaborate with the entire Interius team to reach a goal
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal contacts
- Excellent attention to detail, maintenance of records and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Interius BioTherapeutics is a small community of individuals, building together an organization celebrating an inclusive culture, guided by dignity and respect. Interius is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other basis, protected by law.