Position: Scientist / Sr. Scientist / Principal Scientist
Organization: Interius BioTherapeutics, Inc.
Interius BioTherapeutics is a preclinical stage gene therapy company developing new methods for in vivo cell engineering that will establish a disruptive therapeutic platform with multi-product potential. The company was founded based on inventions from the laboratory of Dr. Saar Gill, a leading physician-scientist in the fields of cell and gene therapy at the Center for Cellular Immunotherapies at the University of Pennsylvania. Interius BioTherapeutics is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA.
Interius BioTherapeutics is seeking a Scientist/Sr. Scientist/Principal Scientist, Cancer Biology/Immunology to lead and execute independent project with responsibilities spanning from basic research/discovery to process development efforts. The successful candidate will have a PhD in Molecular Biology, Cancer Biology, Virology, Immunology or related discipline. He/she will inspire creativity and problem solving, be able to work collaboratively with other scientific departments and with corporate leadership. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, detail-oriented, multi-tasker, self-reliant, problem-solver with utmost integrity, strong academic and research background, and excellent interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will establish mutual respect and trust when representing the company and its values to external stakeholders. The position is full-time, offers excellent benefits and is based in Philadelphia, PA.
- Envision, plan, conduct, and document scientific research to advance company’s pipeline.
- Candidate will execute day-to-day research activities with focus on advancing viral vectors for targeted cell and gene therapy applications.
- Lead discovery effort with expert understanding of the most current and innovative approaches in performing cell and gene therapy research.
- Design and perform ex vivo and in vivo cell therapy experiment, including phenotyping etc., to study the role of immune cells in tumor clearance and autoimmunity.
- Review literature and present scientific ideas/presentations to the stakeholders.
- Highly motivated and collaborative researcher, who thrives in a “get it done” environment
- PhD with relevant experience in cell and gene therapy, and/or mouse models of cancer and immunology, and/or viral vector engineering or equivalent biotechnology experience.
- Demonstrated independence in experimental design, data analysis and interpretation.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal contacts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including in academic and industry settings.
- Vaccinated against SARS-CoV2.
Interius BioTherapeutics is a small community of individuals, building together an organization celebrating an inclusive culture, guided by dignity and respect. Interius is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other basis, protected by law.