You’ll find us on a narrow strip of land that separates two lakes. Surrounded by nature. The bridge between proficiency and mastery. Working joyfully. Creating a life of purpose.
Join us this summer as a Facilities Computer-Aided Drafting Intern (CAD/GIS Intern) during our 2020 Interlochen Arts Camp season. The dates of the agreement are 5/3/21 to 8/31/21. This is an hourly position that would work up to 40 hours a week. On-campus housing is not available for this position.
- Updating our existing campus utility drawings for all utilities
- Working with newly developed GIS campus mapping system. Gather & input utility/building data
- Use EOS GPS system to collect survey-grade utilities and building locations
- Update water utility drawings are a requirement of our MDEQ permit for having a water distribution system. (This activity may take a couple of summers to complete depending on the quality of current utility drawings)
- Complete electronic layout drawings for existing buildings
- Convert old paper drawings / as-builts / sketches into electronic drawing files (CAD/PDF)
- Work with vendors to get recent project drawings and incorporate them into utility master drawings
- Field verify utility locations as needed
- Scan drawings/documents and establish an electronic project filing system
- Work with Maintenance staff to verify utilities
- Document current projects around campus, take photos, create a project report
- Measure & document building layout, room sizes, doors, windows of existing buildings and create basic CAD layouts including dimensions and sqft
- Understanding and choosing the best method for field verification
- Use technology to the intern’s advantage, propose possible different solutions and new software
More information about Interlochen Center for the Arts:
A global destination for artists and arts enthusiasts, Interlochen Center for the Arts nurtures creativity through five dynamic platforms: Interlochen Arts Camp, the renowned summer arts program; Interlochen Arts Academy, the nation’s premier fine arts boarding high school; Interlochen Presents, a producer of more than 600 annual performances by internationally celebrated guest artists, Interlochen students, and faculty; Interlochen Public Radio, two listener-supported, 24-hour public radio stations (classical music and news); and Interlochen College of Creative Arts, a convener for lifelong learning in the arts.
Since 1928, Interlochen’s mission to inspire people worldwide through excellence in the arts and education has produced generations of purposeful creative lives. For more information, visit interlochen.org. Follow Interlochen on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube at @interlochenarts.
Experience and Skills
- Proficiency in Auto CAD (required)
- GIS software knowledge/coursework (preferred)
- Understand/learn reading project drawings
- Familiarity with Apple operating systems
- Google suite experience (GoogleDocs, GoogleSpreadsheets, etc)
- Microsoft Office experience
- Ability to take direction and work with limited supervision to complete tasks
- Ask questions and be willing to learn
Required Items to Upload on Your Application:
- Cover Letter
- Discounts on performances and at our on-campus store, The Scholarshop