Walk among our towering pines, where music from over one hundred practice huts invades your senses and lifts your spirits.
Join our exciting team as one of our Production Lead Audio Technicians for the 2021 season of Interlochen Arts Camp. This position is responsible for the set-up, operation, and maintenance of Interlochen’s audio systems which includes Front-of-House and monitor systems. Housing and all meals are included with this position. The dates of employment are 5/7/21-8/15/21 and the stipend for this position is $4,334.
- Work in a leadership role for the production crew
- Assist in the care and upkeep of audio and PA equipment
- Work on Interlochen student productions that include classical, jazz, theatre, and dance
- Work closely with Summer Arts Festival guest artists including classical, jazz, dance, comedy, country, and pop entertainers. Past guest artists include Steve Miller Band, Willie Nelson, Bonnie Raitt, Styx, KT Tunstall, Joshua Bell, Ra Ra Riot, Parsons Dance, Paula Poundstone, etc.
- Work on lighting and staging as needed
More information about Interlochen Center for the Arts:
A global destination for artists and arts enthusiasts, Interlochen Center for the Arts nurtures creativity through five dynamic platforms: Interlochen Arts Camp, the renowned summer arts program; Interlochen Arts Academy, the nation’s premier fine arts boarding high school; Interlochen Presents, a producer of more than 600 annual performances by internationally celebrated guest artists, Interlochen students, and faculty; Interlochen Public Radio, two listener-supported, 24-hour public radio stations (classical music and news); and Interlochen College of Creative Arts, a convener for lifelong learning in the arts.
Since 1928, Interlochen’s mission to inspire people worldwide through excellence in the arts and education has produced generations of purposeful creative lives. For more information, visit interlochen.org. Follow Interlochen on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube at @interlochenarts.
Experience and Skills
- Two years experience in basic, as well as advanced, PA system design and use
- Graduate and upper-class college students preferred
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a collaborative environment
- Prior experience working in live audio required
- Experience with digital and analog professional mixing consoles required
Required Items to Upload on Your Application:
- Cover Letter
- Housing and all meals are included with this position
- Discounts on performances and in our on-campus store, The Scholarshop