Marvel at the dancers on a rooftop above a full orchestra and choir. Delight in the smiles of our youth as they walk hand-in-hand, squealing over the pleasure of a cold ice cream cone on a sunny summer day. Form bonds that cross backgrounds and beliefs, abilities and nationalities. Fill your summer with art and passion. Work joyfully. Discover Interlochen.
Interlochen Center for the Arts is hiring a Summer Public Relations Intern to work during the 2021 season of Interlochen Arts Camp. The Summer Public Relations Intern will gain valuable hands-on media relations and communications experience at a world-renowned multidisciplinary arts destination. Housing and all meals are included with this position. The dates of employment are 6/14/21-8/13/21. The start and end dates are negotiable. The stipend for this position is $1,792.
- Editing/writing press releases and other media materials
- Researching and organizing media contact lists
- Assisting with coordinating the electronic distribution of press releases
- Tracking/compiling press clips; and preparing internal news bulletins
- Support the social media team as needed
The Intern will be part of the strategic communications team and will work collaboratively with peers in marketing and digital media.
- Strong interest in public relations, media strategies, and brand building
- Excellent writing and editing skills and attention to detail
- Adept at working independently and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable communicating with members of the press in person, on the telephone, and over email
- Strong computer and organizational skills
- Experienced with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Knowledge and interest in the arts preferred
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Applicant must be able to work extended and varied hours when needed
- Finalists will be required to take an editing test
More information about Interlochen Center for the Arts:
A global destination for artists and arts enthusiasts, Interlochen Center for the Arts nurtures creativity through five dynamic platforms: Interlochen Arts Camp, the renowned summer arts program; Interlochen Arts Academy, the nation’s premier fine arts boarding high school; Interlochen Presents, a producer of more than 600 annual performances by internationally celebrated guest artists, Interlochen students, and faculty; Interlochen Public Radio, two listener-supported, 24-hour public radio stations (classical music and news); and Interlochen College of Creative Arts, a convener for lifelong learning in the arts.
Since 1928, Interlochen’s mission to inspire people worldwide through excellence in the arts and education has produced generations of purposeful creative lives. For more information, visit interlochen.org. Follow Interlochen on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube at @interlochenarts.