The International Economic Development Council (IEDC), the world’s largest membership organization supporting the work of over 5,200 professional economic developers, offers an extensive internship program for graduate and undergraduate students for summer, fall and spring semesters.
Communications/Marketing internships are available to undergraduate students studying marketing, communications, journalism, or program management. Marketing interns support the Marketing and Member Services department through:
• Marketing IEDC conferences, courses and other services. This includes digital marketing strategies, including LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter
• Media relations
• Preparation and coverage of various IEDC events
• Sponsorship and exhibitor sales
• Membership retention and recruitment programs
• Job center and bookstore
In addition to assisting in these duties, IEDC interns will have the opportunity to learn about economic development through interactions with experts, board members, and staff during brown bag lunches organized during the summer and through IEDC events.
Fall and spring internship positions can be either full or part time, with a minimum of 20 hours per week. Graduate student internships are paid positions. Undergraduate interns are unpaid with a modest stipend provided. Academic credit can be arranged, but must be set up by the student. Recent graduates and doctoral students are considered. All internships take place in IEDC’s Washington, D.C. office near the White House. IEDC does not reimburse interns for travel and/or relocation costs.
• One-page cover letter stating interest (clearly state that you are applying for the design and communications internship) and availability
• Detailed resume
• Brief writing sample
• Recommendation letters and transcripts are optional
Email all above attachments to email@example.com.
IEDC will review applications as they arrive and schedule phone interviews when appropriate. ONLY candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.