International SOS is the world’s leading Medical & Travel Security Services company in the world. We are in the business of saving and protecting lives, when involved in medical or security situations. With more than 11,000 multi-cultural medical, security and logistics experts providing support and assistance from over 1,000 locations in 90 countries.
Our Americas Assistance Center based in Trevose, PA is seeking talented individuals to work in our 24 hour, 7 day a week response center providing emergency medical and travel assistance to people in difficult circumstances traveling around the world.
This is a great opportunity for a recent college graduate looking to join an international organization!
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives, processes, coordinates, and documents all incoming requests for medical, travel and security assistance from International SOS clients in accordance with current procedures and protocols.
- Responsible for maintaining strict confidentiality of all information.
- Maintain all client information which may be encountered either directly or indirectly while in the performance of the job in strict confidence in accordance with HIPAA and/or any other pertinent confidentiality regulations.
- Action incoming faxes, emails and correspondence pertaining to active and/or closed cases.
- Maintain open communication channels with team members, clients and other International SOS center employees when dealing with case management.
- Schedule and confirm arrangements for customers in a seamless process, ensuring that costs are verified, guarantee issued and that the client is aware of all details of the scheduled arrangements.
- Answer incoming calls for new and existing cases within the required timeframe, establishes customer’s needs through questioning.
- Demonstrate a “can do” and professional attitude when servicing members/clients with the objective of exceeding expectations with the service provided.
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations, International Business, Language, Liberal Arts or related field, strongly preferred.
- 2+ years varied customer/client service experience.
- Typing speed of 40+wpm.
- Proficient in Web Browsing and Microsoft Office (Outlook and Word.)
- Travel or Study Abroad Experience (Studies, Personal, Volunteer) a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Empathetic manner and solutions focused.
- Highly evolved problem solving and decision making skills.
- The ability to think outside the box.
- Effective time management and prioritizing skills.
- Fluent English.
- Fluent Spanish and/or Portuguese highly preferred.
- Fluency or proficiency in any other language is preferred.
The following shift patterns are scheduled (month to month):
- • 3×13 hour shifts (4 days off) for days and night
- • 4×10 hours shifts (3 days off) for days only
- • 5×8 hours shifts (2 days off) for days only