Manager, Corporate and Foundation Partnerships
Baltimore, MD USA (IYF offers generous telecommuting and flexible schedules for employees)
EVP, Corporate and Foundation Partnerships
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfnet.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This position supports efforts to secure resources from companies and foundations to carry out IYF’s mission and strategic priorities. In partnership with a dynamic and committed team of professionals worldwide, this position drives the identification and cultivation of donor and partner relationships, positioning for and pursuit of funding opportunities, and generation of innovative, transformative programs to advance youth development. This position focuses primarily on corporate and foundation funding opportunities and includes the development of public private partnerships in collaboration with IYF’s Business Development Unit to identify and leverage shared-value opportunities.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Advance IYF’s Corporate and Foundation Partnership (CFP) strategy to deliver on the organization’s revenue generation goal and position IYF as a leader in the youth development sector.
· Identify potential funding opportunities with new and existing corporate and foundation partners by analyzing corporate and foundation funding trends, identifying new potential funders in the field of youth development, workforce development and systems change, and supporting country offices to generate and utilize local business intelligence.
· Design, write, edit, and curate camera-ready business development outputs, such as expressions of interest, concepts, and proposals. Manage proposal development and co-creation opportunities in accordance with established IYF processes and procedures, supporting cross-functional proposal teams to design and produce high quality submissions that comply with funder requirements and distinguish IYF as an implementing partner of choice.
· Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with funders and partners, in partnership with CFP and Program staff and executive leadership. Market IYF programs and assets, and support IYF to be recognized as a partner of choice among donors, peer organizations and community stakeholders.
· Conduct tracking, analysis, and reporting for the Corporate & Foundation Partnership function using IYF’s STORM Salesforce platform and other tools as necessary.
· Contribute to the development and improvement of CFP processes, tools, and staff capacities in IYF’s headquarters and country offices, supporting stronger competitive positioning and higher win rates.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Strong proposal management and development skills, including designing, conceptualizing, writing and contributing to research and writing of successful proposals for corporate and foundation donors.
· Knowledge of the corporate funding and private foundation areas required.
· Ability to make sound judgments, assume responsibility, and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to identify and balance priorities to ensure that tasks are completed accurately and in a timely and professional manner.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills appropriate for operating effectively in a multicultural, international team environment.
· Second language fluency in Spanish, Portuguese or French preferred.
· Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite is required. Knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
· Willingness to travel internationally, as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Economics, Social Sciences, Business or closely related field is required. A Master’s Degree is strongly preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in building and leading business development strategies, systems, processes, and opportunities, preferably working with corporate and foundation funders and in managing matrixed, cross-functional teams, as well as a track record of success in securing funding from corporate and foundation donors. Knowledge and experience pursuing funding through public private partnerships in the development space is preferred.
· Experience creating, disseminating, and institutionalizing best practices and strong business processes, and building staff capacities through formal and informal learning channels.
· Experience implementing youth development, education, civic engagement, and/or economic development in the international development or U.S. domestic context is a plus.
JOB LEVEL SALARY RANGE
$60,000 – $98,000
Please apply for this position via the following link online: https://fidelityworksjobs.fidelity.com/fbmhrWebApp/la/EN38008825?mpath=TRBJO_PUBLIC, along with your Cover Letter and Resume.
IYF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues, and we welcome applications