Program Coordinator, Project Management Unit
Baltimore, MD USA (IYF offers generous telecommuting and flexible schedules for employees)
Program Director or Program Manager, PMU
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfnet.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To support IYF programs focused on delivering IYF’s strategy, with key objectives related to youth agency, economic opportunity (employability and entrepreneurship) and youth-inclusive systems, ensuring compliance with donor requirements and IYF’s project management process.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The portfolio assigned to this position will be determined based on institutional need, funding availability, and specific knowledge or skills required for particular awards. Levels of effort, degrees of responsibility, and specific tasks within these core functions may also adjust for each project in the position’s portfolio, depending on award complexity, funder requirements, and country office or project team staffing structure.
· Project Management: Support the Project Lead, Country Office staff, and/or technical teams for effective award management and project delivery. Assistance will include maintaining efficient internal project knowledge and communications; assisting with aspects of project budget and subaward management for low-complexity projects; knowledge and data management (using IYF information management tools/system); and supporting the use of core IYF strategic program models, approaches, tools, and intellectual property.
· Work Plans: Support project teams with development and timely implementation of project work plans using regularly updated tracking tools, so that deliverables are within scope and budget and meet IYF’s and donor’s compliance standards and expectations.
· Grants and Contracts: Support assigned projects by drafting and processing grant agreements and contracts (and related payments) in collaboration with local partners, with Finance, Administration & IT (FAIT) staff, and with country offices, to help ensure satisfactory delivery of project goals.
· Compliance: Maintain familiarity with all aspects of assigned projects, including knowledge of donor rules/regulations and related IYF policies/procedures, to support compliance (grants and contracts in particular) for low-complexity projects.
· Reporting: Draft or edit project reports to meet donor requirements. Coordinate closely with Finance team to ensure accuracy and coherence between programmatic and financial reports, and with Corporate & Foundation Relations team to ensure alignment with broader institutional relationship.
· Knowledge Management and Communications: Maintain project information, data and relevant contacts in STORM and other IYF knowledge platforms that aggregate organizational performance and impact. Promote and facilitate sharing of IYF good practices and learning within and across in-country teams and implementing partners. Support project teams to generate content from program results, lessons, and innovations for marketing through IYF’s website, social media platforms and print collateral.
· Business Development: Support new business/proposal development efforts as assigned, which may include coordinating proposal delivery schedules, compiling inputs from technical writers and budget developers; conducting market research and assessments for new project designs; participating in project design; and drafting proposal inputs. Support execution of IYF’s strategic plan through active engagement on cross-organization working groups or committees.
· Represent IYF at external meetings or events, as requested.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Demonstrated interest in program management and technical areas related to education systems strengthening, youth livelihoods, and/or social entrepreneurship.
· Detail-oriented, with excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to identify and establish priorities. Work independently, and exercise sound judgement related to providing administrative support and assistance.
· Ability to identify problems and risks in a timely manner, make recommendations and work well in group problem-solving and risk management situations.
· Highly developed interpersonal, listening and communications skills appropriate for efficient and effective collaboration in a multicultural, international environment. High degree of cultural competency; ability to work with a highly diverse team.
· Capacity to work successfully within a variety of cross-cultural settings, make judgments in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills in English required. Professional proficiency in at least one other language (Spanish, French, Portuguese or Arabic) highly desirable.
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
· Excellent computer skills, including use of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint). Experience using online survey programs, management information systems (e.g. Salesforce), and/or collaboration platforms (e.g. OneNote and SharePoint) is an added benefit.
· Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience in a field relevant to IYF’s mission and programs, plus 1- 3 years of related experience. International living or working experience preferred.
· Knowledge of, or experience with, programs that support youth employment, education/training, and/or social services.
· Experience working with international donor-funded programs, youth development, and/or workforce development preferred.
JOB LEVEL SALARY RANGE
$40,000 – $65,000
POSITION BUDGET RANGE
$48,600 – $54,000
Please apply for this position via the following link online: https://fidelityworksjobs.fidelity.com/fbmhrWebApp/la/EN38008825?mpath=TRBJO_PUBLIC, along with your Cover Letter and Resume.
IYF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues, and we welcome applications