Program Director, US Workforce Development
Baltimore, MD USA (IYF offers generous telecommuting and flexible schedules for employees)
Executive Vice President, Corporate and Foundation Partnerships (CFP)
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfnet.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To provide leadership and management of a key U.S.-based program and corporate partnership focused on workforce training across multiple U.S markets with potential for expansion to Latin America. The Program Director for U.S. Workforce Development is responsible for providing leadership to and oversight of IYF’s Youth Opportunity program, a key IYF U.S.-based, corporate-funded program, with a focus on workforce training, elevating youth voices, and placement of youth into the workforce. The successful candidate serves as the primary relationship manager for this donor and is also responsible for overseeing the successful implementation of the program. They will be responsible for expansion of the program in the U.S. and Latin America through the distribution of virtual training materials and through strong partnerships with community-based organizations. They will have extensive experience working with low-income youth and communities of color in the U.S., as well as the ability to build relationships in Latin America.
The successful candidate will be creative, analytical, team-oriented and collaborative, with a proven history of implementing workforce development programs in the U.S., and a track record of working with both corporate partners and community-based organizations. They will be experienced in and committed to improving the lives of young people in communities of color through evidence-driven programs, effective execution and rigorous monitoring and evaluation. They will also excel at working as part of a team with colleagues and leading a team of professionals in the implementation of the program.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead the implementation of a U.S. corporate-funded initiative that promotes innovative, multi-sectoral program approaches that improve youth employability skills, job placement, and related wrap around services through a holistic youth development framework consistent with IYF’s strategic plan.
· Ensure the successful implementation of the program to achieve outputs and outcomes in accordance with donor expectations, grant agreements, and work plans.
· Ensure assigned program components are delivered within scope, budget and on time. Ensure the highest quality technical assistance is provided to program partners, and that sub-grants and contracts are managed successfully.
· Provide technical leadership in areas that may include career guidance, life skills development, positive youth development, monitoring and evaluation, job development, private sector engagement, and other areas relevant to IYF’s work.
· Supervise staff supporting the U.S. workforce program. Be responsible for the mentoring and professional development of staff, including, but not limited to, ensuring clear understanding of job requirements and obligations, inspiring superior job performance, and promoting innovation.
· Ensure the timely and quality submission of all required donor reports.
· Serve as the relationship manager for a key corporate donor, facilitating communication to and from the corporate partner and ensuring that IYF’s program responds to company expectations. Deepen relationships with the corporate partner in close coordination with IYF’s Corporate and Foundation Partnership team as part of the strategy to expand and grow the initiative.
· Ensure that the program has rigorous systems to ensure strong program delivery and generate information on key metrics and processes in place for continuous learning and to position IYF as a global thought leader.
· Contribute to the design of a learning agenda that includes conferences, publications, and other outreach to maximize interest in IYF workforce programs in the U.S. Represent IYF to external audiences through conference/panel presentations, working groups, blog postings and other thought leadership opportunities.
· Assist in developing and implementing a communication strategy that elevates youth voices, highlights success stories from the program and promotes U.S. and global corporate-sponsored programs and activities.
· Ensure strong collaboration and flow of information with various IYF programmatic teams and with other IYF departments/units to ensure effective alignment of efforts and cross-regional learning.
· Communicate consistently and effectively with project staff, EVP for CFP, CEO, and other key stakeholders on all programmatic and financial issues.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Exceptional leadership, management, supervisory, analytical, and representational skills; the ability to identify and establish priorities, attend to all details in a professional manner, and exercise sound judgment in response to complex and sensitive situations.
· Proven ability to cultivate, develop and deepen relationships with corporate partners.
· Proven program management skills, ideally related to youth and workforce development that includes strategy, planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
· A collegial management style that emphasizes both achieving results and working with a highly skilled and diverse team of professional colleagues.
· Strong communication skills in English (both oral and written) is required. Fluency in Spanish a plus.
· Proven interpersonal skills and presentation skills.
· Excellent computer skills using MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed and when safe.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Education, Social Sciences or a closely related field is required.
· Extensive experience working with young people and communities of color in the U.S.
· Minimum 7-10 years of increasingly responsible managerial experience in government, corporate and/or non-governmental organizations in the area of workforce training, education, or a closely related field.
· Extensive experience in developing partnerships and working with corporations and corporate funded programs.
· Experience in leading the design, development and implementation of locally owned, inclusive, and participatory programs and strategies with community-based organizations.
· Leadership experience in one or more of the following: program design and development, program monitoring and evaluation, capacity building, and system-wide change.
· Significant experience in staff management and mentorship experience in a cross-cultural environment and providing support to diverse teams.
· Deep personal commitment to social and economic development that recognizes youth as critical actors and beneficiaries.
· Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in organizational settings and in programs, preferably with a focus on youth.
· Strong sense of responsibility, professionalism and thoroughness.
· Ability to work under pressure to complete multiple tasks and meet demands and deadlines with a positive, constructive attitude
JOB LEVEL SALARY RANGE
$80,000 – $160,000
Please apply for this position via the following link online: https://fidelityworksjobs.fidelity.com/fbmhrWebApp/la/EN38008825?mpath=TRBJO_PUBLIC, along with your Cover Letter and Resume.
IYF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues, and we welcome applications