We are looking for a Financial Analyst/Reporter to join IPVM, the world’s leading video surveillance research firm.
The key requirements for this position:
- Ethics: We maintain high ethics and care about finding and reporting what is right. You should have a strong sense of professional integrity.
- Speak Up: Our work involves criticizing powerful people in technology and government. You need to have the confidence and determination to do so.
- Economics: You will need to have some fundamental education in economics and, in particular, be able to analyze an income statement, growth trends, etc.
- Technology: You will need to have some fundamental education in technology (e.g., computer science or engineering courses, artificial intelligence, software development, robotics experience, etc.). The research that we do focuses on technology so you need to be able to understand, assess and debunk technological claims.
- Writing/reporting: This position requires analysis and reporting, so the ability to write clearly and concisely is essential.
- Critical thinking skills: The ability to think critically about issues you are analyzing and reporting on is vital to this position.
- Team player: At IPVM, we put ego aside and work as a team.
In this role, you will research various topics, including analyzing online documents, financial analysis, conducting phone interviews, asking companies questions and, as you gain experience, contributing to and writing reports.
Remote / On-Site: This position can be remote and we are looking for the best fit of the above requirements. However, living close to or willing to relocate near Bethlehem, PA, where our testing facility is located, would be an advantage. We encourage all those who think they may be a fit to apply.
At IPVM, you will work alongside some of the best and brightest in the industry (including alumni from Columbia, Dartmouth, Yale, Harvard, UPenn, West Point, NYU, and more) and join us in the fight for ethical use of video surveillance.
IPVM is the world’s leading resource on security and video surveillance, providing news, reviews, training, and independent test results on access control, alarm systems, cameras, recorders, VMS and more.
IPVM research and reporting has been cited by the U.S. Government’s Congressional-Executive Commission on China (CECC) as well as major news publications, including: The NY Times, WSJ, Forbes, CNN, BBC, Bloomberg Reuters, Financial Times, FP, The Intercept, Fast Company, and PCMag.