About iQ Biosciences
iQ Biosciences provides focused research support to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and diagnostic industries in the form of intelligent research services and quality biospecimens. We go beyond being reliable – we excel at being a trusted partner in the biomedical community to help cure disease. iQ Biosciences is entering a dynamic growth phase and looking to add an outstanding, highly motivated individual to our team that fits with our culture of having the following characteristics: effective communication, natural curiosity, senses urgency, focused passion, intelligence, and empathy. This position has high growth potential opportunities as the company continues to build and solidify its Bioservices Division as a leading Immunology-focused research service provider.
Position Description: Research Associate II; Bioservices – Immunology
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the execution of immunoassays and cell-based assays in the area of therapeutic antibody or small molecules for research, preclinical, and early drug development projects. This position requires basic knowledge of cellular immunology and experience with tissue culture. The ideal candidate will be able to follow basic protocols and retain knowledge through diligent note taking in order to work independently and in a group setting. The individual will develop skills sufficient for executing and interpreting assay results. This will be an ideal position for the candidate who is comfortable in a psychologically safe but candid start-up work environment and open to having multiple mentors (technical, business, career, and life) within iQ Biosciences challenging him/her/they to reach their full potential.
• Report to project leader for assignments and execute assigned studies as they apply for different contract research projects.
• Take extensive notes during training sessions and effectively retain information.
• Ability to work independently after initial training period.
• Perform tissue culture with primary cells and immortalized cell lines.
• Maintain multiple cell lines in culture concurrently.
• Expand and harvest mammalian cells for xenograft models.
• Perform multi-color flow cytometry, including cell staining and data acquisition.
• Isolation and characterization of primary immune cells from murine tissues/tumors and/or human blood and cryopreservation methods.
• Inventory, re-stock & order supplies, and track in accordance with set quarterly/annual budgets.
• Performance of general equipment maintenance and cleaning of laboratory areas.
• Use client study proposals and R&D requests to independently plan and prepare for experiments.
• Perform assays to biophysically characterize, elucidate mechanisms of action, and enable selection of antibodies based on ELISA, cell line binding, specificity, cell cytotoxicity, internalization, cytokine release, proliferation, ADCC, ADCP, and CDC for client projects or R&D related activities.
• Data analysis and presentation of experimental results, adhering to iQ’s data presentation guidelines.
• Must be organized and proactive in all aspects of work.
• Keep detailed records of lab work.
• Suggest and employ strategies to troubleshoot and optimize novel assays.
• Must be able to manage and execute multiple studies concurrently.
• Must be highly adaptive and flexible with good attention to detail.
• Must be able to troubleshoot issues based on reviewing methods & data results.
• This position will require on occasion, hours that exceed the typical working hours into the evenings and on weekends.
• Receiving & monitoring client test articles for usage.
• Packaging materials for shipment.
• Delivering packages to carrier hub location.
• Manage and update client information related to Bioservices.
• Must be able to lift and move objects weighing up to 40 pounds approximately 0 to 1 time per day/shift.
Activity: Lifting Large Shipping Boxes
Frequency: 0-1 time(s) per day
Item Dimensions: 18”H x 12”W x 13”D
Weight: 40 lbs
Starting Height: 43”
Finish Height: 0”
Distance from Body: 5”
• Must be able to lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds approximately 5 to 10 times per day/shift.
Activity: Lifting Liquid Nitrogen Racks or Boxes
Frequency: ~5-10 times per day
Item Dimensions: 33”H x 6”W x 6”D
Weight: 25 lbs
Starting Grip Height: 43”
Finish Grip Height: 60”
Distance from Body: 14”
• Must be able to stand and walk continuously throughout an 8-hour shift.
• Must comply with laboratory policies and procedures.
• Must be available to work evenings or weekends if needed.
• B.S. with >2 years of post-graduate laboratory experience or M.S. (with wet lab experience) in the areas of Immunology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or a related field. A strong desire to learn about pharmaceutical/biotech drug discovery and development is preferred.
• Extensive experience with sterile technique, preferably mammalian cell culture.
• Excellent oral presentation and communication skills.
• Flexibility and a willingness to work as a member of a small team is key. Commit and contribute to a high functioning team of enthusiastic, collaborative, supportive individuals.
• General Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Technical Computer Software literacy, including GraphPad Prism, Softmax, and Flow Cytometry based applications (CellQuest, FACSDiva, and FlowJo) desired but not required.
• Flexibility to work occasionally on weekends or long hours as needed.