Market Access represents one of the most critical barriers to patients accessing the therapies they need. Health insurers restrict patient access to therapies that carry less value for them, posing an obvious challenge to drug makers. The IQVIA Market Access Strategy Consulting team (formerly known as Amundsen Consulting), is a market-leading strategy and analytics division within IQVIA that helps manufacturers in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry meet the challenges of today’s patient access and affordability landscape. We create value for our clients by improving patient access to some of the most advanced pharmaceutical and biologic therapies, targeting challenging and complex healthcare needs of patients in the US.
Our team uses the power of healthcare data to help manufacturers measure the impact of market access on brand performance and the cascading influence this has on how prescribers and patients gain access to innovative therapies. We support manufacturers by providing deep insights into the geographic variations of patient, insurer, and prescriber behavior and thereby help manufacturers implement more effective strategies for sales execution, insurer contracting, net revenue optimization, and all varieties of patient assistance programs.
The Market Access Strategy Consulting team at IQVIA recruits individuals with degrees from some of the world’s top institutions. As a new hire, you will be provided on-the-job training that will allow you to develop the skills and business acumen necessary to successfully navigate the largest and most comprehensive set of US healthcare data assets. The knowledge and experience you build as an Associate will prepare you to generate high-quality insights and analytics for senior leaders at the top pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in the US to address a wide variety of evolving business needs.
IQVIA, the Human Data Science Company™, possesses the largest and most comprehensive set of healthcare data assets in the world. Join us as we focus on using data, analytics and strategy to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Locations: Cambridge, MA & San Francisco, CA
Start Date: July 2021
As a core member of the Market Access Strategy Consulting team, Associates are responsible for executing high-quality quantitative analytics to address a variety of distinct client business questions and needs. After receiving rigorous training, Associates will develop expertise across a number of analytical methodologies and tools that will be used to develop Market Access strategies for clients. They will begin their role under the guidance of more senior team members but are quickly provided with significant opportunities to contribute to all aspects of client engagements. Many Associates have the opportunity to present project materials to the client either via phone or at the client site early on in their tenure. In their second and third years with the practice, team members begin to assume an active managerial role running projects and mentoring more junior colleagues. IQVIA values collaboration and a flat structure – Associates work directly with senior leaders on project work, thought leadership activities, and in professional development.
· Execute high-quality, logical, and timely strategic analysis using a wide range of ‘big data” assets to derive trends, conclusions, and actionable recommendations for clients
· Conduct primary (qualitative) and secondary (quantitative) research on markets, payers, physicians, patients, and competitive products to identify key findings for client engagements
· Actively participate in internal brainstorming sessions, collaborate with project team, and exercise informed business judgement in identifying the best approach to address key client needs
· Develop sophisticated predictive models to inform contracting strategies, patient cost and affordability programs, prescriber / product utilization, and brand performance / financial modeling
· Translate analyses into thorough and insightful conclusions and outputs to address client issues and succinctly deliver these conclusions to clients via reports, presentations, and other tools
· Prepare for internal project team and client meetings to contribute and discuss analysis and answer questions on their work
· Leverage all available QC tools and demonstrates a knowledge of QC standards, applied consistently throughout the project in all aspects of the work
· Manage own time effectively and meet deadlines
· Manage upward by proactively communicating progress and challenges (context, assumptions, rationale and limitations in analyses) and request guidance when needed
· Develop deep knowledge of the healthcare industry and consulting methodologies
· Assist with recruiting new team members and participate in the interview process
An ideal candidate will have:
· A strong academic record (GPA 3.5/4 or greater), excellent problem-solving abilities, exceptional communication skills, strong quantitative skills, and be a proven team contributor
· Bachelors or Master’s Degree, preferable in the following areas (but not limited to) Biology, biochemistry, economics, finance, business, healthcare management and policy, history, molecular biology and genetics, psychology, neuroscience, public health and international relations
· An interest in and desire to learn about the constantly evolving healthcare industry
· Good project management, time management and organizational skills
· Excellent conversational and business English (written and oral)
· Exceptional IT literacy e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel (SQL is a plus)
· A willingness to travel as needed (<10% on average)