ISPOR is recognized as the global leader in the field of HEOR. Do you want to work for a world-class organization where meeting content plays a vital role in advancing ISPOR’s mission to promote health economics and outcomes research excellence to improve decision making for health globally?
It is an exciting time at ISPOR as we usher in a new era of digital transformation initiatives to promote ISPOR’s digital products in an everchanging business environment.
Do you have experience with providing administrative support to member groups, an understanding of scientific materials and are experienced with Microsoft Office Suite needing a new home to grow?
If so, read on for more information!
We are actively seeking an Associate, Scientific & Health Policy Initiatives.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Associate, Scientific & Health Policy Initiatives (SHPI) is responsible for providing administrative support for and working with designated member groups to produce high quality scientific and health policy products and initiatives aligned with ISPOR scientific strategy and overall mission. Responsibilities include working with designated ISPOR Special Interest Groups (SIG) and Task Forces (TF), as well as the promotion of products and initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provides administrative and organizational support to the CSO and SHPI department.
· Coordinates the review process for ISPOR’s scientific manuscripts and tools, as well as ISPOR responses on public consultations and guidance documents.
· Coordinates teleconferences and meetings across multiple time zones as required as well as setting agendas, determining participant availability (i.e. Doodle), and providing draft of discussion summary.
· Assists with meetings and special events including sending invitations, managing hotel arrangements, meeting/event logistics, managing responses, and completing expense reimbursements.
· Prepares meeting materials (e.g. participant list, agenda, and development of PowerPoint slides) for distribution to meeting participants.
· Follows up on action items to help keep departments informed and abreast of key deliverables, deadlines, & critical updates.
· Maintains working group webpages, web-based tools, and SharePoint sites.
· Creates and administers surveys for special projects (i.e. SurveyMonkey).
· Maintains calendar of events for both departments.
· Proofreads and edits business and scientific documents.
· Assists with web-based research, as necessary, to collect relevant information.
· Uses and manages spreadsheets and performs rudimentary analysis of them
· Performs searches of the literature and other forms of medical, economic, and policy evidence to support SHPI initiatives and summarizes those searches in document, spreadsheet, and/or presentation form
· Maintains repositories of literature citations used in SHPI initiatives via software such as Zotero, Endnote, or Reference Manager
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor’s degree preferred, in a science, pharmacy, or other healthcare-related field.
· 1-3 years’ work experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical, research, healthcare, or other related field.
· Strong and effective interpersonal skills and ability to work well with teams.
· Experience working with volunteers is strongly preferred.
· Ability to multitask, manage multiple projects and deadlines.
· Effective project, time management, and problem-solving skills.
· Solid oral and written communications skills.
· Attention to detail demonstrated by technical accuracy and organization
· Highly proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
· Experience in assisting with scientific proposals, papers, posters, and/or presentations.
· Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing demands
· Clear and effective oral and written communication skills
· Must have strong work ethic and problem-solving skills
· Must be able to work independently
· Motivation for effective partnering and/or maintaining collaborative relationships in successful initiatives.
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to the mission of ISPOR.
Nestled half-way between Philadelphia and New York City, ISPOR’s headquarters is in Lawrenceville, New Jersey. Our staff is currently remote during the pandemic, however once safe, staff will begin returning to the office in a hybrid arrangement (2 days/week onsite). candidate.
ISPOR provides an excellent total compensation package including:
· Competitive pay
· Robust benefits plan
· Generous PTO – 20 days the first year
· Extraordinary holiday schedule including the week between Christmas Eve and New Years’ Day
ISPOR, the professional society for health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), is an international, multistakeholder, nonprofit dedicated to advancing HEOR excellence to improve decision making for health globally. The Society is the leading source for scientific conferences, peer-reviewed and MEDLINE-indexed publications, good practices guidance, education, collaboration, and resources in the field.
ISPOR’s community of 20,000 individual and chapter members from 110+ countries include a wide variety of healthcare stakeholders, including researchers and academicians, assessors and regulators, payers and policy makers, the life sciences industry, healthcare providers, and patient engagement organizations. The Society’s leadership has served as an unbiased resource and catalyst for innovation in the field for more than 20 years.
Join @ISPORorg and the #HEOR conversation on social media:
Apply through the link, creating a new candidate profile.
The link below is the ONLY method of application; to be considered, please apply through this system. Please submit your salary requirements within your cover letter.