Position: Investments Analyst, Summer 2021
Level: College Graduate, Entry-level
Location: New York
iStar Inc. is hiring a highly motivated college graduate interested in an exciting and challenging Investments Analyst position. The hired candidate will play a pivotal role in the growth of Safehold, Inc. (NYSE: SAFE), iStar’s new ground lease venture.
The Investments Analyst typically works in two to three-person deal teams. He/she will assist the team in the underwriting, structuring, and closing of real estate investments from a diversified pipeline of opportunities across asset classes and geographies. The Investments Analyst will be highly organized, analytical, and entrepreneurial.
· Assess the risk/return dynamics of real estate investment opportunities
· Develop financial models
· Present initial deal summaries during weekly investment meetings
· Create internal investment committee memorandums
· Work alongside managers throughout the origination process
· Occasional travel to site visits
· Top tier Undergraduate degree with a finance / real estate focus preferred
· Self-motivated and possesses the self-confidence to articulate and defend recommendations and question those of others
· Strong analytical, financial modeling, and verbal communication skills
· Strong work ethic and attention to detail
· Comfort operating in an entrepreneurial culture with limited direction
· A high degree of personal integrity, intellectual confidence, and curiosity
· Microsoft Office proficiency especially Excel and Powerpoint
iStar (NYSE: STAR) is focused on reinventing the ground lease sector, unlocking value for real estate owners throughout the country by providing modern, more efficient ground leases on all types of properties. As the founder, investment manager and largest shareholder of Safehold Inc. (NYSE: SAFE), the first publicly traded company to focus on modern ground leases, iStar is helping create a logical new approach to the way real estate is owned, and continues to use its historic strengths in finance and net lease to expand this unique platform. Recognized as a consistent innovator in the real estate markets, iStar specializes in identifying and scaling newly discovered opportunities and has completed more than $40 billion of transactions over the past two decades.