iStar Inc. is hiring a highly motivated college student interested in an exciting and challenging Investments Analyst position. The hired candidate will play a pivotal role in the growth of Safehold, Inc. (NYSE: SAFE), iStar’s new ground lease venture.
The Investments Analyst typically works in two to three-person deal teams. They will assist the team in the underwriting, structuring, and closing of real estate investments from a diversified pipeline of opportunities across asset classes and geographies. The Investments Analyst will be highly organized, analytical, and entrepreneurial.
- Assess the risk/return dynamics of real estate investment opportunities
- Develop financial models
- Present initial deal summaries during weekly investment meetings
- Create internal investment committee memorandumsWork alongside managers throughout the origination process
- Occasional travel to site visits
- Top tier Undergraduate degree with a finance / real estate focus preferred
- Self-motivated and posseses the self-confidence to articulate and defend recommendations and question those of others
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Comfort operating in an entrepreneurial culture with limited direction
- A high degree of personal integrity, intellectual confidence, and curiosity
- Microsoft Office proficiency especially Excel and PowerPoint