Founded in 2017, January.ai is an early stage precision health company based in Menlo Park. In response to a healthcare system designed to only address decline and disease, January is building a revolutionary, upstream consumer-health category to promote resilient health while predicting, postponing and preventing chronic conditions. We integrate data from multi-omic and formerly disparate sources into a unified view of users’ health, our machine learning reveals precise, personalized insights, which our software transforms into incisive daily actions. We are a passionate team with foundations firmly rooted in scientific evidence and believe in building transformative, frictionless and human-centric products that superlatively value individual privacy and community trust. We believe in meeting people where they are and facilitating their journey toward their personal best. Join our dream team of scientists, machine learning, and software engineers aspiring to help people live healthier and happier lives every day.
We are looking for a rockstar developer with a strong mobile application development background and a passion for quality to build a highly engaging mobile health app. You will learn and grow alongside talented teammates who share your attention to detail and appetite for problem-solving.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with a cross-functional team to define, build, test, and deploy an innovative mobile app (Android/iOS developed with React Native)
- Partner with Product Designers and Product Managers in defining, designing, and building delightful and engaging user experiences
- Provide technical leadership by defining the architecture, design and coding of a high-quality app that excels in usability, scalability, performance, and security
- Coach, develop and grow the architectural skills and domain knowledge of the team
- Actively participate in the agile software development process to ensure timely and successful delivery of valued features to users
- 5+ years of experience building consumer mobile applications: Have shipped Android/iOS apps developed with React Native
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to properly architect mobile applications
- Significant experience managing mobile app development and releasing apps on the Google Play Store and/or App Store Connect
- Hands-on experience with developer tooling (XCode, Android Studio, Simulators etc.), REST APIs and release engineering for mobile platforms
- Able to build software with a focus on quality and testability
- Familiarity with agile development processes
- Ability to work in a dynamic startup environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
January is an equal opportunity employer. We are a diverse team and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We’d love to hear from you!
This position is located in Menlo Park, CA. Local candidates preferred. We do not accept third-party solicitation for employment.