Janus Henderson offers expertise across all major asset classes, with investment teams situated around the world. These dynamic teams are structured and operate in ways that are best suited to their asset classes and manage products designed to meet a range of investor needs globally. We do not impose top-down house views; instead we allow an appropriate level of flexibility within a controlled environment and encourage the sharing and debate of investment ideas. Our Investment teams are grouped under: Equities, Fixed Income, Multi-Assets and Alternatives.
Overview of the role
To be considered for the role applicants must submit a cover letter in addition to their resume. Please ensure your cover letter answers the question below.
The internship will take place in Darien, Connecticut, and typically lasts 10 weeks between June and August.
We look forward to learning more about you. We ask all applicants to provide a cover letter explaining what drives their interest in ETFs and Quantitative Solutions.
At Janus Henderson Investors, the ETF Internship is a highly challenging and rewarding program, providing the opportunity to learn from our industry experts in a dynamic environment. The ETF Intern will support all members of the team and rotate within the team across our product specialist, quantitative solutions and capital markets groups. You will be exposed to and participate in all aspects of the ETF business, from new idea generation across multiple asset classes to end client AUM growth opportunities. At the end of the summer you will also have the opportunity to pitch the team on your best idea for a future ETF product launch with supporting analysis including market research, the investment rationale, underlying market considerations, and a marketing/sales plan.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct market research on multiple asset classes and product wrappers to help steam line our product pipeline
- Perform product research and analysis in response to investor inquiries
- Collect and analyze market data to help drive sales initiatives
- Support and review quantitative analysis to drive product innovation
- Carry out additional duties as assigned.
Has responsibility for launching and supporting products across multiple asset classes and structures.
Technical skills and qualifications
- Must be a current undergraduate student with a graduation date set for May 2022.
- Exceptional analytical and research skills.
- Knowledge of Excel required.
- Basic knowledge of finance, including asset allocation.
- Previous finance-related internship or project work a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and desire to work in a team-oriented environment.
- All candidates must currently be enrolled in a four-year university program
In addition to putting clients first, acting like an owner, and succeeding as a team, the competencies for this role include:
- Passion for financial markets and raising capital.
- Basic understanding of finance.
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed, in line with applicable regulatory requirements, by:
- End-of-summer performance appraisal
- Completion of all assigned compliance training
At a minimum the role will require you to:
- Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first, act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
- Understand and follow laws and regulations applicable for your role, seeking the help of your supervising manager or Compliance if additional guidance is required
- Understand and abide by all Janus Henderson policies applicable to your role, and seek support/guidance of the policy owner guidance when required
- You are ultimately accountable for your actions and responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.