JEVS Human Services is seeking an enthusiastic and driven Drug & Alcohol Counselor for our Achievement through Counseling and Treatment (ACT) program which offers personal solutions and supports to adults committed to overcoming addiction and living clean and sober lives. ACT’s counselors, therapists, nurses, and support staff serve over 600 patients each week at two locations in Philadelphia.
- Prepare treatment plans with clients; Completion of biopsychosocial assessments
- Conduct individual and group counseling; prepare for group counseling including the development of curriculum as needed
- Support the consumer in the way of information and referral to community supports organizations which may aid in recovery
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college with a major in chemical dependency, psychology, social work counseling, nursing (with a clinical specialty in the human services) or other related field required
- 2+ years of clinical experience in a health or human service agency preferably in a drug and alcohol setting
- An applicant who is not specifically credentialed by the Pennsylvania Credentialing Board as a Drug & Alcohol Case Manager will agree to pursue and gain said credential within a period of time specified at the time of employment by ACT