JEVS Human Services is seeking an enthusiastic and driven Drug & Alcohol Counselor for our Achievement through Counseling and Treatment (ACT) program which offers personal solutions and supports to adults committed to overcoming addiction and living clean and sober lives. ACT’s counselors, therapists, nurses, and support staff serve over 600 patients each week at two locations in Philadelphia.
- Prepare treatment plans with clients; Completion of biopsychosocial assessments
- Conduct individual and group counseling; prepare for group counseling including the development of curriculum as needed
- Support the consumer in the way of information and referral to community supports organizations which may aid in recovery
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college with a major in chemical dependency, psychology, social work counseling, nursing (with a clinical specialty in the human services) or other related field required
- 2+ years of clinical experience in a health or human service agency preferably in a drug and alcohol setting
- An applicant who is not specifically credentialed by the Pennsylvania Credentialing Board as a Drug & Alcohol Case Manager will agree to pursue and gain said credential within a period of time specified at the time of employment by ACT
The rewards of a job well done are enhanced by a competitive benefits package. Come find out why JEVS employees continue to realize career satisfaction year after year.
JEVS Human Services is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities. The Agency will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person’s gender, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, handicap, disability, or membership in any other protected group. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided.