The Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health seeks a Research Data Manager to work as an integral part of a data analysis center study team on a large children’s health study. The Research Data Manager will collaborate with epidemiologists, biostatisticians, and investigators in a variety of fields to manage and analyze complex multicenter longitudinal data. The primary activities of this position are management of research data, creation of datasets for investigators, performing data quality assurance checks, creation of new summary variables for analysis, and creation of data tables for reports and papers.
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- Perform data cleaning, including identifying potential problems with study data and collaborating with study sites to resolve issues encountered.
- Create new summary variables. Merge, create, and recode variables to prepare data for analyses.
- Create datasets for analysis by other investigators. Write detailed documentation/specifications for analysis data sets and related files.
- Create tables and figures in publication-quality form summarizing the results of statistical analyses.
- Maintain reports showing enrollment figures, follow-up numbers, and datasets that are available for use.
- Use of Microsoft SQL and SQL Procedures
Minimum qualifications (mandatory):
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline.
- Three (3) years related experience.
- Additional education (Master’s level) may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.