[As part of JP Morgan Chase’s D&I initiatives, we highly encourage diverse applicants, especially black]
JP Morgan Chase
Associate, Model Risk Management
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Model Risk Governance & Review (MRGR) is a Corporate Risk team within JPMC with the responsibility for developing and implementing the Firm’s Estimation Risk Management framework across the firm.
The Central Challenger team within MRGR has a firm-wide purview for independently reviewing and approving Qualitative Models in accordance with the Firm’s Policies and Standards.
Review of qualitative models developed and used by the Firm’s Corporate function (Corporate Finance and Risk Management) to the application of the Firm’s capital stress testing, resolution planning, budget forecast and other processes. This includes the review of –
· Key financial estimations and management judgments, including those related to capital measurement, stress testing & reporting, product valuation, and other high priority processes
· Key assumptions and pro-forma financial results across material entities, primarily in the context of the Firm’s Resolution and Recovery process.
· Review qualitative estimations relying on statistical and judgmental components
· Develop independent benchmarks to challenge developer’s results (Statistical modeling experience is considered a strong plus)
· Stay abreast of macroeconomic, regulatory and industry landscape and bring this to bear in benchmarking analysis
· Identify innovation opportunities to enhance forecast effectiveness and efficiency
While the specific role and responsibilities of the successful candidate will evolve based on prior work and academic experience and demonstrated skills, he/she should hold the following:
- 2+ years of experience in banking / financial services industry
- Advanced degree in a Finance, Engineering, Economics, Math/Statistics or related quantitative discipline
- Strong quantitative, analytical skills and flair for independent research & problem solving
- Knowledge of financial products/markets and regulatory requirements
- Strong writing, organizational, communication and negotiation skills
- Self-starter who is able to perform effectively in a fast paced, results driven environment
Additional qualifications/experience considerations:
- Background or experience with model/estimation development, governance or validation
- Programming experience in Python or similar
- Experience in statistical modeling software is a plus (SAS, EViews, R, Matlab etc.)
- Knowledge of regulatory capital rules (CCAR and CECL)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans