JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Community Reinvestment and Community Partnerships (CRCP) is a business unit within Corporate Responsibility and Global Government Relations that ensures JPMorgan Chase is in compliance with the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) regulation. The CRA regulation requires banks to invest, lend, and provide other services to low- and moderate-income communities across their footprints.
The Community Reinvestment Strategy team is responsible for achieving the highest level CRA regulatory rating for JPMorgan Chase Bank. The unit works with a number of lines of business on CRA strategies and performance targets, monitors and reports performance against those goals and works with the lines of business to devise action plans to address any performance weaknesses. The team is also responsible for ensuring CRA data integrity; managing CRA examinations which are conducted by the Federal regulators; and keeping senior management apprised of on-going performance.
The Community Reinvestment Strategy Intern will have opportunities to partner with the broader CRCP Team and work with line of business partners focusing on CRA performance in the areas of lending, investments, and/or services in the firm’s footprint. This position is for a Summer of 2021 internship opportunity that is scheduled to last nine weeks from early June to early August.
Responsibilities would include, but are not limited to, the following
- Contribute to project management through the Agile process, including collaboration with the CRA IT Team as necessary
- Collaborate across multiple internal groups to source new data elements for new reports
- As time permits, assist with projects and initiatives
- Assist with creating and editing presentations in PowerPoint
- Assist with the management of various data in Excel
- A full-time student enrolled in a degree-seeking undergraduate or Master’s program at an accredited academic institution
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Analytical and data management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to navigate and communicate effectively across lines of business throughout the Firm
- Team player with the ability and willingness to multitask and help other team members as required
- Interest, and preferably experience, in financial services, community reinvestment, regulatory exams and/or analytics
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter who possesses strong project management, organizational and time management skills
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.