This position is part of the CCB Marketing Analytics and Audience Targeting team.
CCB Marketing focuses on the sale and support of consumer products and services across multiple Lines of Business (LOBs), i.e. Consumer Banking, Business Banking, Home Lending, US Wealth Management, Credit Card, and Auto Finance, through the execution of omni-channel marketing and communications campaigns.
The Marketing Analytics Senior Associate is responsible for creating data files for targeted marketing campaigns and customer communications. The individual will complete projects from start to finish (translating business strategy into customer and prospect lists and conducting quality checks on output).
The senior analyst will partner with LOB specific marketing and product teams to execute targeted marketing campaigns across multiple channels including direct mail, email, statements, branch, ATM, owned and paid digital media. The desired employee will have exceptional data skills, ability to learn the business, innovate by designing new processes, and will understand Chase business strategy to effectively consult on the design and execution of marketing programs. Problem solving skills are critical to this endeavor.
Employee would be expected to:
• Collaborate with business partners to gather requirements and document technical specifications
• Interpret marketing strategy and translate it into data and code
• Have or develop a working knowledge of marketing campaign data and procedures
• Pull data from internal and external data sources via SQL and SAS. Develop, debug, and execute SAS/SQL code to define populations for campaigns
• Assess and maintain data and process integrity
• Understand nuances in the process and data while effectively relaying those to partners in a consultative manner to optimize marketing programs
• Complete projects from start to finish without supervision
In addition to top-tier data management capabilities, the desired candidate would have a highly confident, analytically passionate, and outgoing disposition. They would thrive in a high pressure and high expectation environment, where each project they are associated with would likely have millions of dollars of impact to the business. The employee would understand the cost benefit relationship between solution sophistication and practicality and strive to produce the fastest and most accurate results. They would be comfortable and capable of working with team members, clients, and senior executives. Effective communication with all parties at varying levels of analytical/technical understanding is also critical to success in the role.
• Experience with SQL on various platforms such as Teradata, DB2, Oracle, or SQL Server
• Proficient analyzing statistical data using SAS; SAS Base Certification and/or additional certification levels a plus
• A Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field preferred: Computing and Information Theory, Business (w/ quantitative focus), Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Biostatistics, or Operations Research.
• Advanced degrees in Economics, Statistics, Math, or Business Analytics preferred.
• Adept in Microsoft Office Suite
• Analytics experience related specifically to targeted marketing campaigns would be a plus
• Strong oral and interpersonal skills; be able to translate the data into a story for business stakeholders
• Strong logic and problem-solving skills
• Results-oriented with proactive approach to eliminating problems
• Ability to listen/observe/acknowledge/lead by example and provide recommendations