We are seeking a friendly and highly dependable individual for the position of Marketing Intern. The individual must be able to work in a fast paced, lean startup environment. They will also need to know aspects of digital marketing and content creation. Efficiency, organization, and excellent prioritization skills are key.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Launch large-scale PR, Social, Content, Email Marketing and more campaigns.
•Social media: Whether you’re already social media-savvy or looking to expand this aspect of your marketing skills, you could get to command our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn, including making daily updates and creating a backlog of content for scheduling.
• Content marketing: We’d love a strong communicator who can write blog posts and other collateral around reading + writing, Just Right books, summer / COVID slide, and leveled readers.
-Organize and catalogue our Just Right books
-Streamline systems for mailing and packaging our subscription book boxes
-Create new partnerships with other known brands, independent schools, and school districts
-Seek out press opportunities
-Additional duties as requested
-Write grants for additional funding supports
-Launch large-scale PR, Social, Content, Email Marketing and more campaigns.
Working towards a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree or recent graduate
Fluent written and verbal communication in English
Our ideal candidate is:
• Passionate: Bring your enthusiasm for our mission and values, and your commitment to getting things done!
• Collaborative: Success is a team effort, whether between a mentor and a mentee, across internal teams, or unifying Just Right Reader with our partners.
• Organized: Sometimes there are a lot of moving parts, and we need someone who will be able to coordinate all stakeholders (both within and outside of the company) and make sure everyone’s on the same page.
• Driven: We love people who want to get things done. Have a bold idea or a new strategy? We can’t wait to hear it. When it comes to execution, we’d like to see you grow comfortable taking command — we’ll be here to support you every step of the way.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org and, include:
• Your resume
• A cover letter that details your interest in Just Right Reader and the role, highlighting why you think you would be a great fit
• A link to a portfolio or examples of your writing (optional)
ABOUT JUST RIGHT READER
Just Right Reader sends monthly subscription boxes with 5 – 7 books at children’s Just Right reading level and a reading kit to help accelerate children’s reading growth, motivate them to read, and make reading fun.
We recently launched Reading and Writing Camps and Book Clubs for Pre-K to 6th graders.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make an impact and help students grow as readers, then Just Right Reader is for you.
LENGTH OF INTERNSHIP: March – August 2021 (Flexible as long as minimum of 3 months)
AVAILABILITY: 5 days a week (20 – 30 Hrs/wk) Can be done remotely $20 – 25 per hour based on experience